Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=767872)

RaychelSnr 10-10-2014 12:44 PM

In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode

As the sun sets on another MLB season (and rises on nearly everything else), you may be tempted to trade in one of the best sports titles of the year for a shiny new game. And, really, who could blame you? There’s a wealth of new and seemingly quality titles that have released or will release before the World Series ends.

But before you do, I’d like to sing the praises of an overlooked mode in MLB: The Show 14. The Postseason Mode is a recent and simple addition, but one that captures some of the best playoff atmosphere in sports.

Read More - In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode

Anaxamander 10-10-2014 01:20 PM

Re: In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode

I'm enjoying the postseason mode right now. I honestly haven't had the time to play through a whole virtual MLB season in ten years, so I never see the playoffs. But now I can, and I can set it up any way I want. This mode is excellent.

supermanemblem 10-10-2014 05:01 PM

Love the playoff mode. What was even better was the Show Live. I played a few of the night's matchups and really had a blast. The presentation was kind of jacked up with inaccurate game info, but it was still fun to play.

MNJackson 10-10-2014 06:15 PM

Overall I enjoyed MLB 14 The Show. Stoped playing it now as i'm playing NBA 2K15 and Madden 15 but I enjoyed the game and played 4 years in my Rays Franchise.

KennyJ1976 10-10-2014 06:31 PM

I'm glad some sports games still have playoff mode as a playable option, (What happened to playoff mode NBA 2K?) as I always look forward to re-creating the real world playoffs and having at it. Right now I got the Pirates 2-0 over the Nationals in the NLDS, going back home for the sweep. Looks like I'll be playing the Dodgers in the NLCS. My playoffs definitely not following the script of the real world.

@legendm0de 10-10-2014 07:23 PM

Re: In Praise of MLB 14: The Show's Playoff Mode

These people didn't even give us playoff rosters what's the point of having playoff mode if you can't even use the guys actually in the playoffs without having to give up your whole day to edit all rosters yourself..

thechamp923 10-10-2014 09:07 PM

I love this game. IMO best sports game on the market!

Stikskillz 10-11-2014 01:24 AM

This mode will be even better once it's online.