Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Need some advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=76892)

dynasty52 04-06-2004 12:46 AM

Need some advice

I am finally going to buy this game. I am sick of playing Madden in franchise, just to unrealistic. I loved the 2K series its just that I play so many Madden tournaments I usually but it every year. I still find the game fun online but I need something to play offline when I am bored.

1.So I wanted to know is this game realy good for 1 player?
2.Can I get 21-10 scores or is it always gonna be a slugfest?
3.Did they change how the you pick plays? I hated the old style.
4.I heard the running game kills the game, is there anything else then the running game I should know about? And what sliders do you guys suggest to be the best.

Radja 04-06-2004 03:33 AM

Re: Need some advice

you will take a while to get used to it, but it is awesome one player. the running game is difficult online but can be fixed with sliders later on.

advice for sliders. play on all pro at first. as you get better drop your offense sliders down and the cpu defense up. to get a better challenge defensively, eventually move the cpu sliders up slightly and the human d sliders up towards legend. drop the cpu kicking all the way down.

this game is DIFFERENT from madden. it will take some getting used to. do not drop back a long way. follow your blocks and there is legitimate gang tackling so if you see a guy struggling for yards hit him with the safety and drive him back so you dont give up the first down.

there is a lot to this game but that should help you a little in your starting out.

rudyjuly2 04-06-2004 06:19 AM

It is good for one player. The old play calling menu is gone - more Madden style now. Broken tackles will get used to - charge up your defender when tackling as well.
Have fun.

**DONOTDELETE** 04-06-2004 11:31 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
dynasty52 said:
I am finally going to buy this game. I am sick of playing Madden in franchise, just to unrealistic. I loved the 2K series its just that I play so many Madden tournaments I usually but it every year. I still find the game fun online but I need something to play offline when I am bored.

1.So I wanted to know is this game realy good for 1 player?

Yes... To me ESPECIALLY for 1 player

2.Can I get 21-10 scores or is it always gonna be a slugfest?

Definitely. That's one reason why I said ESPECIALLY for one player, from my experience anyway.

3.Did they change how the you pick plays? I hated the old style.

Yes. No more radial menus. It's Madden style.

4.I heard the running game kills the game, is there anything else then the running game I should know about? And what sliders do you guys suggest to be the best.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Running is best described to me as a blessing and a curse. It's soooo much fun being able to hit the hole break tackles and gain yardage. But it can be REAAAALY frustrating when Charlie Garner keeps breaking tackle after tackle on you. It's not like he's some big bruiser or something.

I don't mess with sliders at all. I play on All-Pro. The beauty of the game is that if you call a great, I mean GREAT game, then you can stop the CPU. Even shutting down their running game. It's just that it can be frustrating at first because you won't have INSTANT SUCCESS. And one wrong defensive formation and BYE-BYE!!!

As for anything else? Nah, not really. The game does not play in 720p HDTV like the first batch of games indicated it would, (if that even matters/means anything to you).

Players, still pivot on one foot when they turn, players still run kinda stiff (QB's look especially bad when scrambling .)

Gameplay wise though, it's pretty solid.

Superbowl atmosphere. We finally have some.

dynasty52 04-10-2004 01:23 AM

Thanks for the help guys! Just got the game on eBay for $14. Really looking foward to it, just have to wait for my PS2 to come back from sony.