Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Service Academy Dynasty (/forums/showthread.php?t=770038)

plak89 10-15-2014 10:18 AM

Service Academy Dynasty

I decided to start a Dynasty as the OC at Army and I want to make it as realistic as possible. I don't want to redshirt any players, but I know if they don't accrue stats they will automatically be redshirted.

Is there any way to make sure they don't get redshirted without them having stats?

Thanks!

speedy43 10-15-2014 10:09 PM

Re: Service Academy Dynasty

Put them in for some garbage minutes or up against an fcs team. Doesn't guarantee that every player will get a stat but it's better than nothing.

dmoyer1994 10-15-2014 10:32 PM

Wait, if a player doesn't record any stats, they'll be automatically redshirted? Like the game automatically does this?

jello1717 10-15-2014 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoyer1994 (Post 2046696574)
Wait, if a player doesn't record any stats, they'll be automatically redshirted? Like the game automatically does this?

This has always been the case in NCAA games (at least for the 360/PS3 generation).

ZN30 10-16-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy43 (Post 2046696501)
Put them in for some garbage minutes or up against an fcs team. Doesn't guarantee that every player will get a stat but it's better than nothing.

I don't think they necessarily need to accumulate a stat like tackle or catch. I think there's a hidden "game played" stat that gets tracked.

I had a WR who wouldn't go to the NFL draft after his junior year despite being the highest rated WR in game. To simulate him having left, I only played him one snap in my first game. He never accumulated a stat, but still left for the draft after the season.

jbrew2411 10-16-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZN30 (Post 2046697971)
I don't think they necessarily need to accumulate a stat like tackle or catch. I think there's a hidden "game played" stat that gets tracked.

I had a WR who wouldn't go to the NFL draft after his junior year despite being the highest rated WR in game. To simulate him having left, I only played him one snap in my first game. He never accumulated a stat, but still left for the draft after the season.

He would still leave anyway. The "automatic" red shirt only applies to freshman. I have had non red shirted QBs, among other positions, never play a snap and never trigger the "automatic" red shirt. I have placed freshman players down the depth chart to only see playing time if injury's occur and they got red shirted after not recording a stat or entering a game. I have only seen that really happen with quarterbacks since special teams is pulled from the back-ups at certain positions.

ZN30 10-17-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrew2411 (Post 2046699941)
He would still leave anyway. The "automatic" red shirt only applies to freshman. I have had non red shirted QBs, among other positions, never play a snap and never trigger the "automatic" red shirt. I have placed freshman players down the depth chart to only see playing time if injury's occur and they got red shirted after not recording a stat or entering a game. I have only seen that really happen with quarterbacks since special teams is pulled from the back-ups at certain positions.

That isn't accurate in my experience. I held out a another senior once without playing him and he ended up redshirting and still didn't enter the draft.

Cards_King70 10-18-2014 12:01 AM

Since I never play military academy teams ,so I wonder can they recruit high school players like any college teams do. I know they can't recruit high school players in real life because of restrictions i.e. height/weight, academic, etc.
  • Academics. At Air Force, prospective players need to have at least a 3.5 high school GPA, a 25 on the ACT in all subjects, and a minimum of a 1200 two-part SAT score. Requirements are similarly rigorous at the other service academies. Lt. Col. Gaylord Greene, who works in admissions at Army, said coaches will often encourage recruits to take more core courses, since the school requires more of them for entry than most others do.
  • Height and weight requirements. They differ slightly by academy, but at Air Force, a 6'4 applicant cannot weigh more than 221 pounds for admission -- and must also not weigh more than that upon graduation. In some cases at the academies, athletes can be over the height or weight limits but must still adhere to stringent body fat restrictions. This makes recruiting offensive linemen very difficult. "I'd love to have a bunch of 320-pound guys with good feet," Calhoun said. "We've never had a 285-pound kid, which is very small for a Division I offensive lineman. We usually average 255 pounds with our offensive line."
  • Mandatory military service. Unlike players who sign a normal scholarship tender, athletes at the service academies sign on to serve in active military duty after college. As expected, that "is a turnoff for a lot of kids," according to new Army head coach Jeff Monken.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/5/21/5736040/college-football-military-service-academies