Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Tackles for Loss (/forums/showthread.php?t=770529)

4thQtrStre5S 10-16-2014 12:19 PM

Tackles for Loss

Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?

JoshC1977 10-16-2014 12:26 PM

Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2046698128)
Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?

Been playing with them as well and I really don't think they are reversed. I do think that the pass reaction slider impacts how quickly the defenders react to a run play. Try lowering that slider.

Aweb20 10-17-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

I've been trying to fix this as well. The only way I've lowered them is by raising the CPU run block but to get a realistic amount of TFLs it makes it almost impossible to stop the CPU run game.

4thQtrStre5S 10-17-2014 05:59 PM

What I have determined/observed is that:

Reaction Time - Higher the slider, the quicker zone players react to the pass, but the slower players react to the run....

Which then, the lower Reaction Time, the quicker reaction to the run, but slower reaction to the pass by players in the zone.

tommycoa 10-17-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2046703201)
What I have determined/observed is that:

Reaction Time - Higher the slider, the quicker zone players react to the pass, but the slower players react to the run....

Which then, the lower Reaction Time, the quicker reaction to the run, but slower reaction to the pass by players in the zone.

Turn the Int slider to 0. Pretty sure this slider has an effect on the overall aggressiveness of the D. You'll have to work yourself up from 0. I'm still looking for the sweetspot myself.

4thQtrStre5S 10-18-2014 05:12 AM

Okay - what I believe is happening is - the Sacks recorded are being counted as 1 sack and then also 1 tackle for loss....Hence why there seems to be so many tackles for loss....

I did a count in a game and the highlights showed 6 tackles for loss in the 1st half, but the stats stated I had 12 tackles for loss....

what I did have is 6 sacks, still way to high, being counted also as tackles for losses...

so instead of having 6 tackles for losses and 6 sacks; I had 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks...

tommycoa 10-18-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2046704732)
Okay - what I believe is happening is - the Sacks recorded are being counted as 1 sack and then also 1 tackle for loss....Hence why there seems to be so many tackles for loss....

I did a count in a game and the highlights showed 6 tackles for loss in the 1st half, but the stats stated I had 12 tackles for loss....

what I did have is 6 sacks, still way to high, being counted also as tackles for losses...

so instead of having 6 tackles for losses and 6 sacks; I had 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks...

Yeah. Sacks are counted as TFL.

theSliderWhisperer 10-22-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Depends on how you define TFL's... If you count sacks, then I have found them to be somewhat in-line with NFL norms using my beta sliders.... If you are not counting sacks, then I could see where your TFL's look artificially inflated...

The TFL issue that took me several days to figure out was the one when your DT, instantly meets the CPU RB as he is handed the ball in the backfield... It happens occasionally in the NFL, typically in 3rd and short and goal line situations, but I was seeing it on 1st and tens, 2nd and longs, etc....

I believe my beta sliders tamed it, but still an issue that lurks around my gameplay...