Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   I can't play friends without getting killed in this game. (/forums/showthread.php?t=770918)

GisherJohn24 10-17-2014 08:53 AM

I can't play friends without getting killed in this game.

In contrast, I Play the CPU on All star and I can hold my own and win most of the time, but when I play my friend, he just kills me. And this is a guy who doesn't play 2k often. I just don't understand. Does this happen to you?

Rockie_Fresh88 10-17-2014 08:56 AM

Re: I can't play friends without getting killed in this game.

Op that's not enough info. What teams are you guys using? Does he have BBall IQ? Are you playing too careful? Can you post stats ?

GisherJohn24 10-17-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88 (Post 2046701434)
Op that's not enough info. What teams are you guys using? Does he have BBall IQ? Are you playing too careful? Can you post stats ?

He's got a masters degree in business admin, so yeah, smart dude. lol. Oh yeah, and definitely smart for sports IQ, knows all the dna for probably ever player in the NBA. He appreciates the realism of 2K. I can be the 97 Bulls and he'll still beat me. I really don't know what it is. I'll get more stats, but usually dominates under the basket, lots of rebounds and just overall smarter than I am. Maybe I run and gun too much.

Mr.Smif 10-17-2014 10:25 AM

Lol, playing the cpu and playing a human is two completely different things. The cpu will let you stand around and run your plays ,doesn't go down like that against a user the game is much faster and hectic. If you wanna beat your friend stop playing the cpu and play online Quick Games for a few weeks, once you start winning some of those you'll be kicking your friends butt in no time!

GisherJohn24 10-17-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Smif (Post 2046701682)
Lol, playing the cpu and playing a human is two completely different things. The cpu will let you stand around and run your plays ,doesn't go down like that against a user the game is much faster and hectic. If you wanna beat your friend stop playing the cpu and play online Quick Games for a few weeks, once you start winning some of those you'll be kicking your friends butt in no time!

good call my friend. Would raising difficulty more help? We play on Pro.

G Rose 10-17-2014 12:12 PM

The online settings is for the defense to play on superstar. Superstar is a lot better than most people.

ruxpinke 10-17-2014 01:40 PM

def raise the difficulty, at least to all star. It will make timing windows smaller for shots, blocks and steals.

itchyroll_51 10-17-2014 02:03 PM

These tips should help ^_^:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWvaIytNgjkxK-CB1LmlDDg

*I suggest run my Clipper demon horns offense on your friend. I would be most interested to see if that set works well against humans ^_^ I don't think the Euro Elbow would work hmmm If you do it please let me know if it worked out for you ^_^

Sam Pham