Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   - Off-Ball Defense - "How to Use it Properly?" by Sam Pham (Video) (/forums/showthread.php?t=773893)

itchyroll_51 10-21-2014 01:02 AM

- Off-Ball Defense - "How to Use it Properly?" by Sam Pham (Video)

Hey OS ! Sam Pham here ^_^ Been making too many videos on offense lately... Basketball will forever be a two-way sport, so here's my new 2k video focusing on how to best use off-ball defense during a defensive possession:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzO0zswdnMo

*As always let me know what you guys think, feedback is always appreciated ^^

Hallucination 10-21-2014 01:21 AM

Re: - Off-Ball Defense - "How to Use it Properly?" by Sam Pham (Video)

NBA 2K is such an easy game. I don't see how so many people lack the intelligence to know how to play proper defense.

smush 10-21-2014 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallucination (Post 2046715795)
NBA 2K is such an easy game. I don't see how so many people lack the intelligence to know how to play proper defense.

shm... Shut up Troll you probably suck.

As usual Sam Pham great vid.

raiderphantom 10-21-2014 06:01 AM

Good fundamentals. Hedging is tough and most players don't do it so as long as you space the floor well you can tear other users apart. You can't really Ice the PNR in 2K as far as I see so if you don't hedge well you're in trouble.

I also pay close attention to cross screens as the CPU will take advantage of them. You always gotta realize the biggest threat and take it away. So if someone is running a down screen for a shooter and you're playing on ball I just don't see how that's a smart decision. What's tough is when you get an off screen and a ball screen one after another. That's where I sometimes have trouble.

Good video. Keep them coming!

Kepazino 10-21-2014 07:27 AM

Off ball defense is just cheese, only for cowards!

ManiacMatt1782 10-21-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepazino (Post 2046716334)

I will play off ball to deny obvious passes when they run slow moving plays like floppy, that the computer off ball defenders can't see coming a mile away like a user can. There are definite times where you have to go offball, and it's not cheesy. Now sitting under the rim with the center the entire time while calling zone means you're pretty much a scrub.

raiderphantom 10-21-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepazino (Post 2046716334)

Nah it actually takes more skill if you do it properly and it's more effective.

Kepazino 10-21-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782 (Post 2046716424)
I will play off ball to deny obvious passes when they run slow moving plays like floppy, that the computer off ball defenders can't see coming a mile away like a user can. There are definite times where you have to go offball, and it's not cheesy. Now sitting under the rim with the center the entire time while calling zone means you're pretty much a scrub.

I agree, floppy is tricky to stop on ball. now, how do you beat off ball defense, I'm really having a hard time against some users