Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   This game finally feels like HOCKEY (/forums/showthread.php?t=774753)

meep316 10-21-2014 07:43 PM

This game finally feels like HOCKEY

Thank Fing GOD they fixed the passing. I've only played two games so far, but it feels so, so much better. Saucer passes work better, I can lead guys to space now, it's great.

And the best part, is drop passes finally work again. Before, I'd drop pass it and the guy that was receiving the pass would like, skate away from it or something, I don't know how to explain it, but it was trash. Now, it works perfectly and is the perfect counter to idiots whose only idea of defense is to charge at you at the blue line. I'm finally being rewarded for making hockey plays.

In two games, there were no wonky EA goals. You know the kind I'm talking about. The domino effect bouncing BS "live puck" stuff. Don't get me wrong, there's a place for that in the game here and there, but that goals on that stuff were happening more often than goals on actual hockey plays were.

Also my AI seems a bit better. They actually will skate to the far post on a 2 on 0 or 2 on 1.

Don't get me wrong, the game isn't perfect. There are still some senseless turns when picking up a loose puck, and no matter who you have on defense, and no matter what strategy you use, the AI defense REFUSES to ever even make an effort to cover the backdoor one timer. But overall, this is a big step in the right direction.