Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2K - This is What Compression Pants Look Like (/forums/showthread.php?t=779834)

Crookid 10-26-2014 11:26 PM

2K - This is What Compression Pants Look Like

Notice how the socks go OVER the pants, they aren't under them like in MC. Notice how they go all the way up and don't cut off at the knees like a school girl. Notice the NBA logos on the back.

The fact that there is done so incorrectly and it looks like my player goes comando when he plays ball is driving me crazy that I really want this addressed. We took a step back from last year with compression shorts (although color bugged) since we don't even have those anymore (or compression tank tops).

PLEASE FIX and add more colors for the other stuff. I see players wearing orange and yellow compression sleeves but I am limited to 4 colors? COME ON.

Phreezy P 10-26-2014 11:34 PM

Re: 2K - This is What Compression Pants Look Like

Those are knee pads...

WISports 10-27-2014 12:00 AM

What he said^

These are compression pants.

Ejfalcon9 10-27-2014 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISports (Post 2046740126)
What he said^

These are compression pants.

Great picture of Larry I might add 😂😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShogunTake 10-27-2014 01:14 AM

Those are definitely knee pads but I understand your point regardless. For some reason in MyCareer compression shorts/shirts aren't selectable in the store. It would be incredibly simpler if they just did away with the store when selecting player's game gear and just made it so it's using the same customization settings from the roster editor, that way my accessories can actually match with my team since (for some reason) most accessories are limited.

Heck the green accessories don't even match either the Celtics or the Bucks, makes no sense.

Crookid 10-27-2014 03:25 AM

You're right. I grabbed a quick image while searching. Those are pads over compression pants but you guys know what I mean. Allowing compression pants and the ability to layer gear and we can do what we want. Also, the design of the gear in game is way off and the logos are no existent. To me, besides loving the sport, I love the gear in basketball the most. In-fact, if anyone has played sports in their life, as I have my whole life, they know how hyped we get over gear.

It's the little things. This year they made all the tattoos black and grey so if you match a certain very limited set of them you get something that looks like a sleeve. It feels very lazy to me. All the little details that really polish a game feel really lazy with 2K basketball.

pauliewalnutzz 10-27-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crookid (Post 2046740007)

Notice how the socks go OVER the pants, they aren't under them like in MC. Notice how they go all the way up and don't cut off at the knees like a school girl. Notice the NBA logos on the back.

The fact that there is done so incorrectly and it looks like my player goes comando when he plays ball is driving me crazy that I really want this addressed. We took a step back from last year with compression shorts (although color bugged) since we don't even have those anymore (or compression tank tops).

PLEASE FIX and add more colors for the other stuff. I see players wearing orange and yellow compression sleeves but I am limited to 4 colors? COME ON.

This just confirmed that people are morons on this forum.

kadzier 10-27-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShogunTake (Post 2046740295)
Those are definitely knee pads but I understand your point regardless. For some reason in MyCareer compression shorts/shirts aren't selectable in the store. It would be incredibly simpler if they just did away with the store when selecting player's game gear and just made it so it's using the same customization settings from the roster editor, that way my accessories can actually match with my team since (for some reason) most accessories are limited.

Heck the green accessories don't even match either the Celtics or the Bucks, makes no sense.

Agreed. Gear customization has basically taken 15 steps back from years past, all because of this stupid "store" concept where you have to buy pieces individually with VC.

SeattleSeahavvks 10-27-2014 08:57 AM

This is the first year that there really isn't a gear item that I am annoyed they left out.

last year it was the comrpession pants and power web sleeves

Dmanning2 10-27-2014 09:26 AM

They days where you could get any accessory any shoe any tattoo for FREE for you Myplayer/MyCareer are long over...

tomzennsbruh 10-27-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy (Post 2046741127)
They days where you could get any accessory any shoe any tattoo for FREE for you Myplayer/MyCareer are long over...

You literally play 1-2 games and you can afford a majority of the accessories.

God forbid you have to play the game to earn something

Rell7thirty 10-27-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh (Post 2046741267)

Come on, don't defend the VC system. It should NOT take 2 games of salary in the NBA just to buy a pair of knee pads. Someone working at McDonalds could afford them after half a day of work. It's dumb. VC payments are low (1000 per game for me) and I think adding to my attributes is more important than gear, which unfortunately uses the same currency system.

So, yes, while 2k should fix and add real accessories, they should also not cost VC. We should be able to buy them with player $ and not skill "currency"

A pair of sneakers cost 7500 VC, some even 15,000. That's up to 15 games for me without spending VC, some people claim they only get 500 VC per game.. So it would take them 30 games (I play 12 min quarters) just to buy a pair of Kobe's which they can't even wear in game unless they have a shoe deal with them (in which case they would be free)

It's stupid. Don't defend it. It makes no sense.

They know we don't want to look like default goofs on the court, yet it costs us the same currency to upgrade our looks and skills.

NBA professionals, millionaires, struggling to buy a pair of sneakers or headband, is ridiculous.

Also, what's with the goofy mid socks? Why can't I change them? I do not rock my socks that way when I ball. People who do, usually get picked last.

kadzier 10-27-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

you're missing the point. basic accessories are in the same category as lineup changes in myGM- these are things which should be standard with the experience and should NOT be paid for. In fact, it was exactly this way in previous versions of 2K before VC, and it's exactly this way in pretty much every single other sports games' career mode.

Plus, forgive me if I think it's outrageous that I have to spend an hour of my time playing two full games, and then be forced to not improve my player one bit because I just want to put a stupid headband on my guy. Then I have to do it all over again if I want a different color.

I hope people haven't come to accept the fact that this is the way it's supposed to be, it's an unfortunate money grab

Rell7thirty 10-27-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadzier (Post 2046741448)
you're missing the point. basic accessories are in the same category as lineup changes in myGM- these are things which should be standard with the experience and should NOT be paid for. In fact, it was exactly this way in previous versions of 2K before VC, and it's exactly this way in pretty much every single other sports games' career mode.

Plus, forgive me if I think it's outrageous that I have to spend an hour of my time playing two full games, and then be forced to not improve my player one bit because I just want to put a stupid headband on my guy. Then I have to do it all over again if I want a different color.

I hope people haven't come to accept the fact that this is the way it's supposed to be, it's an unfortunate money grab

Exactly what it is. People like him are ok with it, and even justify it, so 2k will enforce it.

I'm all for earning your way through a game, but since when were skill points and currency meant for buying multiple things when the payments are so low?

Accessories should Not cost the same currency you're charged with for attribute upgrades. That's the point.

We don't care about earning our accessories.

This community is weird. We get screwed and they are fine with it.

Crookid 10-27-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauliewalnutzz (Post 2046740897)
This just confirmed that people are morons on this forum.

My post about compression pants makes me a moron? They are under his knee pads. The purpose is to reflect how they don't cut off like school girl stockings.

There's quite the irony in your post. Ignorance is bliss though so enjoy.

Crookid 10-27-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSeahavvks (Post 2046741058)
This is the first year that there really isn't a gear item that I am annoyed they left out.

last year it was the comrpession pants and power web sleeves

There are no compression pants in the game. The ones in the game cut off at the knees.

You dudes are funny calling me a moron and you liking the post yet you fail to realize the very thing you are saying are in the game, is not in the game....

WISports 10-27-2014 12:03 PM

Having to pay for gear in MyPlayer is so dumb. You think real NBA players have to save up money to pay for arms sleeves and headbands? :y220d:

WISports 10-27-2014 12:04 PM

Quote:

How do you figure? Do you mean you could buy one or two pieces of accessories after playing a few games? Or are you saying you could buy all of them?

Crookid 10-27-2014 12:16 PM

While Im not super excited about the VC costs for gear, the part that annoys me the most isn't that.

It's the fact that they charge you VC for gear that isn't done right at all. Play a game, buy a headband and you're forced to wear it backwards because it's bugged. Play a game to buy padded pants or compression, to find out they cut off at the knees because you can't see if they do when you buy them. Play a game to buy finger wraps to find out you can't put them on only your index like last year.

The little details in this game feel very lazy. I don't understand how MC is their most played mode yet they don't baby it. They should be doing everything in their power to add and polish the mode. Especially on the customization end. Like I've said before, people love gear. Why skimp on it.

I blame NBA Live. 2K needs some competition. They are getting way too comfortable.

tomzennsbruh 10-27-2014 12:16 PM

You guys spend more time combining about earning VC when you could just earn it by playing and not here on the message board.

Create a player, give him whatever accessories you want and drop him into a MyLeague. That costs ZERO VC. Problem solved.

MyCareer is a story mode first and foremost. An RPG. In RPGs you actually have to do tasks to earn things. It makes you want to play. To work towards something, like an RPG. If you come into the mode not understanding its purpose and how it works, that's your bad.

I don't agree with BUYING VC. You can't buy XP in real traditional RPGs, so you shouldn't even be given the option. That is what I don't agree with.

That us why they put in MyLeague, so you can customize it in anyway you see fit.

And you guys can complain and say I'm defending it or whatever, but I have no problem with actually playing the game I paid for to earn the things I want.

You know, because, video games.

kadzier 10-27-2014 12:48 PM

Playing a single dude in my league is absolutely not a substitute for MyCareer, hate when people say that. MyCareer isn't a straight up RPG, it's supposed to be a single player NBA career simulation with RPG elements of improvng your skills. Making us pay for basic accessories is absolutely not "standard" in this type of mode, as every other sports game out there shows.

Now I would have no issue if we had to pay for stuff that gives us attribute boosts, but basic accessories should be free, like they were in previous versions. The backlash over paying for stuff you shouldn't have to made them change MyGM, so hopefully enough people call out this BS to make them change it here.

tomzennsbruh 10-27-2014 01:04 PM

I feel you.

Crookid 10-28-2014 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh (Post 2046741755)
You guys spend more time combining about earning VC when you could just earn it by playing and not here on the message board.

Create a player, give him whatever accessories you want and drop him into a MyLeague. That costs ZERO VC. Problem solved.

MyCareer is a story mode first and foremost. An RPG. In RPGs you actually have to do tasks to earn things. It makes you want to play. To work towards something, like an RPG. If you come into the mode not understanding its purpose and how it works, that's your bad.

I don't agree with BUYING VC. You can't buy XP in real traditional RPGs, so you shouldn't even be given the option. That is what I don't agree with.

That us why they put in MyLeague, so you can customize it in anyway you see fit.

And you guys can complain and say I'm defending it or whatever, but I have no problem with actually playing the game I paid for to earn the things I want.

You know, because, video games.

People have different opinions about this and I don't disagree. But the issue is the things you earn are either broken or non existent.

Headbands are bugged, compression shorts/pants are gone or aren't right, no compression tanks, finger wraps wrong and no sock lengths or the ability to layer gear.

At the end of the day people might not like earning VC for gear, but if the right gear was there and it was polished like their most played mode should be; much less would have an issue. This needs to be addressed and patched. Arguing about how you like to earn things just diminishes the point of the thread and gets nothing done for us.

They aren't going to change the VC structure for gear. So let's spend our energy getting some gear patched in.

SeattleSeahavvks 10-28-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crookid (Post 2046741668)
There are no compression pants in the game. The ones in the game cut off at the knees.

You dudes are funny calling me a moron and you liking the post yet you fail to realize the very thing you are saying are in the game, is not in the game....

Crookid 10-28-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeattleSeahavvks (Post 2046746492)

Lol thanks for the bump.

Your ignorance prevails.

We're talking about MC as you clearly don't know based on your previous post about power web sleeves.

romen28 04-24-2019 08:38 AM

Hello there,

Go to any gym or athletic event and you'll find tons of guys rocking compression leggings as a base layer, but most (if not all) of them will also be sporting a loose pair of shorts on top. That doesn't always make sense for performance— you'll get the same compression benefits and comfort whether you layer it up or not.

awg811 04-24-2019 12:05 PM

You’re in the NBA.
There’s not a single player in the NBA that pays for any of the gear they wear in games.
The last person on the bench that doesn’t play a minute all year gets all of his gear, including shoes, provided to him for free.
Stars can deck out their whole family and all their friends in free gear from company’s that they are sponsored by.
NBA players don’t live paycheck to paycheck. They are rich not on welfare.
A starter in the NBA doesn’t have to get five game day paychecks just to buy a do-rag.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CaVsFaN2273 04-24-2019 12:34 PM

Bruh. This is a 5 year old thread...

awg811 04-24-2019 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273 (Post 2049762215)
Bruh. This is a 5 year old thread...

I didn’t see that. I just read through the comments and commented on them.
Someone posted in it and bumped it up.
All that means is that what I said has been a major issue for at least 5 years.

CaVsFaN2273 04-24-2019 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awg811 (Post 2049762713)
I didn’t see that. I just read through the comments and commented on them.
Someone posted in it and bumped it up.
All that means is that what I said has been a major issue for at least 5 years.

It's all good man. I know it wasn't you.