Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Rags To Riches (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   2024 Bowl week (/forums/showthread.php?t=785527)

kwilliam 11-02-2014 06:21 PM

2024 Bowl week

is up. We will advance again Tuesday night around 10 pm Central.

Games
1) NT vs UTSA ----> user game
8) ODU vs 7) Washington
Maryland vs 11) South Carolina
18) Southern Miss vs Kansas
3) Texas State vs 4) Virginia Tech
6) Buffalo vs 5) Mid Tenn State --> user game
Rice vs Boise
12) Arizona State vs 21) TCU

thesportsguru11 11-02-2014 06:45 PM

Re: 2024 Bowl week

I have a minor personal rant to go on, please disregard if you wish.

Heisman voting seemed rigged this year. Somehow, Texas State's Archer won, while running for just under 1000 yards less than UTSA's Scott, who finished 4th.

IMO, the three best players this year were ODU's Gardner, Scott and Texas State's Davis, none of which finished in the top 2. Davis was 1st team AA with 51 TD's and wasn't a finalist.

Further proving that performance in the Conf. Champ Game and # of rushing TD's determines Heisman winners.

IDK...

KhaosDTX 11-02-2014 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesportsguru11 (Post 2046765855)
I have a minor personal rant to go on, please disregard if you wish.

Heisman voting seemed rigged this year. Somehow, Texas State's Archer won, while running for just under 1000 yards less than UTSA's Scott, who finished 4th.

IMO, the three best players this year were ODU's Gardner, Scott and Texas State's Davis, none of which finished in the top 2. Davis was 1st team AA with 51 TD's and wasn't a finalist.

Further proving that performance in the Conf. Champ Game and # of rushing TD's determines Heisman winners.

IDK...

Yeah I saw that too and was shocked that he won the heisman with hardly any yards. I think my RB finished with 100 yards less than him too.

milmont77 11-02-2014 07:57 PM

I didn't give Scott enough TD's. I am ok with him not getting it.

I am quite happy though... that my 57 rated TE, a former walk on. Made first team all American. Big fan favorite at UTSA when our former All American went pro after JR year. Richwalski has caught touchdowns in every way imaginable : in traffic, dragging players into the endzone, out leaping, diving. It's insanity. 57 rated !!!

KhaosDTX 11-02-2014 08:06 PM

Beat TCU 65-31. Played terrible in the first half but got a huge 2nd half from senior RB Michael Stewart. As usual, 5th year senior QB Luke Babcock had a solid game. Babcock went 20-36 with 333 yards 1 TD and 2 INT and had 33 yards on 4 rushes.

Player of the game though was Michael Stewart who had 459 total yards with 4 TDs (28 rushes for 351 yards, 12.5 YPC, 3TD, longest rush was an 80 yard TD run. And then he had 3 catches for 108 yards, 36.0 YPC, 1 TD).

Overall I finished the season 10-3 (4 game winning streak to end the season). Hopefully recruits see that I'm the real deal and they'll hurry up and jump on the Sun Devil train before it's too late.

scdb12 11-02-2014 08:09 PM

Yeah to me Davis should of been considered for the Heisman. Archer was ok but he didn't deserve the award. I'm a little bummed out about me not going to the national championship,but when you play the teams I did the SOS was not there.

thesportsguru11 11-02-2014 08:15 PM

ODU continues its late season implosion and drops the Rose Bowl 45-41 to Washington. Again, the loss of Patrick Scott and Jakari Hardy on the D-Line caused all the problems as U-Dub RB Mark Hall had over 200 yards rushing, and again Jim Gardner collapsed and threw a late game pick.

I hate saying this, as he is the best QB in school history, but I'm glad Gardner is gone this year. We need a new face in there at QB, someone with a little more mobility preferably, but someone maybe who can lead us to wins in big games. Looks like we have 2 candidates who fit that description, and I'll touch upon that in the season recap going up later tonight.

KhaosDTX 11-02-2014 09:00 PM

So I have a question for you all.

I'm in another online dynasty on this website and played my fist game and scored 86 points in the game. Keep in mind it was against the CPU and they weren't very good. Anyways, one of the other guys was looking at my stats and saw that I had 39 first downs and ran over 79 plays. He then proceeded to say that I play like cheese etc.

Anyways, I put up similar stats and run pretty much the same amount of plays over here as well. I just wanted your opinion on this matter and if you feel that my style of play(hurry up offense that runs a lot of plays and scores points fairly quickly) is cheesy.

Thanks.