Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Thoughts on some sliders at extremes (/forums/showthread.php?t=789074)

StefJoeHalt 11-05-2014 03:39 PM

Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

Disclaimer..First let me say most of what I'm about to say was either learned from what others have said or idea others have...

It seems that some maybe who knows all sliders work better at 0..to me it seems like it works almost like a default mode to whatever that slider affects..example what others have found with pass block and run block..and recently what I think I found with Intentional grounding at 0..it appears to me that with it at 0 I see the QB throw the ball away so much more..now we all know other factors could cause this as well..but with my current settings and moving that slider to 0 and only that slider I have noticed a CPU QB throw the ball away 3 times in my quarter..now this to me makes no sense based on what I thought about sliders..it was always my belief that those (Pen sliders) higher cause that action to happen..but now I'm not sure with this certain slider..

While speaking of said Pen sliders..it also appears based on what I have read from others and noticed first hand is there appears to be a "sweet spot" for some pens to be called..example facemask and RTQ..both can be called almost every play in the area of 54/55ish but move both to over 80/90 and called once or twice..

I also was on the belief that QB Acc high wasn't as big of an issue as it has been stated by others that there appears to be only a few sweet spots in this slider that really appear to cause major effect at all

Now with all that said I ask you the community is there other sliders u have found that work best either at 0 or some other extreme..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thQtrStre5S 11-05-2014 03:55 PM

Re: Thoughts on some sliders at extremes

pass block: 0 (least amount of suction blocking)
Run block: 0 (least amount of suction blocking)
Fumble: 63 <-- the theory that seems to pan out is that it helps the RB run harder.

Interceptions: 0 (still get INT's but no warping or exaggerated jumps in front of passes.

Tackling: 0 (seems to provide unmodified tackle rating to be used)

Def. Pass Interference: 100
Off. Pass Interference: 0
(can't pinpoint what happens here but when watching games it really seems that there is more natural interaction between DB's and WR's)

Clipping: 33 (theorized some time ago by another forum member to provide the best down field blocking, I have seen nothing to dispute this theory)

fistofrage 11-05-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt (Post 2046777242)
Disclaimer..First let me say most of what I'm about to say was either learned from what others have said or idea others have...

It seems that some maybe who knows all sliders work better at 0..to me it seems like it works almost like a default mode to whatever that slider affects..example what others have found with pass block and run block..and recently what I think I found with Intentional grounding at 0..it appears to me that with it at 0 I see the QB throw the ball away so much more..now we all know other factors could cause this as well..but with my current settings and moving that slider to 0 and only that slider I have noticed a CPU QB throw the ball away 3 times in my quarter..now this to me makes no sense based on what I thought about sliders..it was always my belief that those (Pen sliders) higher cause that action to happen..but now I'm not sure with this certain slider..

While speaking of said Pen sliders..it also appears based on what I have read from others and noticed first hand is there appears to be a "sweet spot" for some pens to be called..example facemask and RTQ..both can be called almost every play in the area of 54/55ish but move both to over 80/90 and called once or twice..

I also was on the belief that QB Acc high wasn't as big of an issue as it has been stated by others that there appears to be only a few sweet spots in this slider that really appear to cause major effect at all

Now with all that said I ask you the community is there other sliders u have found that work best either at 0 or some other extreme..

Bottom line is EAs sliders are broken. I too have encountered sweet spots like on roughing the passer, 1 click more than the sweet spot and its a flag fest. I do try penalties at default and at extremes to see what happens, but I don't test every click in between.

I know the holding slider is broken and doesn't work. In fact upping it seems to make them block less like they try to avoid the penalty causing more issues.

EA really needs to have one of the slider guys from OS come to their place, and show them exactly what is wrong and what sliders don't work.

I am sure the penalty sliders have an impact on gameplay, but to what extent is unknown. There could be some magic potion perfect combination, but to find it you'd have to test 5 games on every combination one click at a time. Good luck with that.

I am pretty sure EA doesn't even know what sliders do. A couple work, but most of them are broken, backwards, ore just placebo.

They need to be revamped and they need to have it where 0 means none and 100 means every play and let people adjust from there.

StefJoeHalt 11-05-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2046777327)

Bottom line is EAs sliders are broken. I too have encountered sweet spots like on roughing the passer, 1 click more than the sweet spot and its a flag fest. I do try penalties at default and at extremes to see what happens, but I don't test every click in between.

I know the holding slider is broken and doesn't work. In fact upping it seems to make them block less like they try to avoid the penalty causing more issues.

EA really needs to have one of the slider guys from OS come to their place, and show them exactly what is wrong and what sliders don't work.

I am sure the penalty sliders have an impact on gameplay, but to what extent is unknown. There could be some magic potion perfect combination, but to find it you'd have to test 5 games on every combination one click at a time. Good luck with that.

I am pretty sure EA doesn't even know what sliders do. A couple work, but most of them are broken, backwards, ore just placebo.

They need to be revamped and they need to have it where 0 means none and 100 means every play and let people adjust from there.

I agree with most if not all of what u say..to be honest the old "rush ability" I think is still in effect just removed from the screen same with "running ability" i also believe they aren't sure as to what each effect hence the reason they don't put out an explanation..but I don't see that changing ever hence I brought up the topic...I'm interested to try ur thought on "holding" pen low effecting blocking better.. I'm 100% behind ur thought on if in perfect world 0 means none and 100 means every play

fistofrage 11-05-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt (Post 2046777394)
I agree with most if not all of what u say..to be honest the old "rush ability" I think is still in effect just removed from the screen same with "running ability" i also believe they aren't sure as to what each effect hence the reason they don't put out an explanation..but I don't see that changing ever hence I brought up the topic...I'm interested to try ur thought on "holding" pen low effecting blocking better.. I'm 100% behind ur thought on if in perfect world 0 means none and 100 means every play

The fumble slider is now the everything related to the ball carrier slider. Turn down the fumble slider and you will see the AIs running game go right out the window.

SECElit3 11-05-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistofrage (Post 2046777475)
The fumble slider is now the everything related to the ball carrier slider. Turn down the fumble slider and you will see the AIs running game go right out the window.

This isn't true. My fumble slider is at 2. The CPU still has incredibly strong rushing games.

SECElit3 11-05-2014 05:55 PM

I see no change in the CPU running game, related to lowering the fumble slider. That slider simply increases or decreases the chance of a fumble. Nothing more, nothing less. People may hate my slider set, but I have tested, and I have a pretty good idea at this point what works and what doesn't.

fistofrage 11-05-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SECElit3 (Post 2046777705)
This isn't true. My fumble slider is at 2. The CPU still has incredibly strong rushing games.

I'm not seeing that. We'll have to disagree on that. I have seen the difference, but I am in play now. It definitely affects the running game, the AI running breaks more tackles and uses more moves with it at 50. It also hits the holes faster. It definitely isn't just controlling the amount or probability of fumbles.