Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   new composure setting can only mean 1 thing... (/forums/showthread.php?t=78939)

rollinphat 04-23-2004 05:08 PM

new composure setting can only mean 1 thing...

bigger rosters. here is why i think so. we always recruit studs and in turn we have to cut the upperclassmen, because their ratings are horrible. so after 2 years of running a dynasty you have a whole team of freshman and soph's. apparently your team will probably lack composure this year if this is the case, unlike in years past where my all freshman and sophmore team would destroy a team full of seniors. if the expanded roster is not in the game, what is more important then?
seniors with good composure and poor ratings or sophmores with low composure and good ratings?
maybe the freshmen won't be as dominate this year? maybe the players won't develop as fast.
answering 1 question only seems to create 10 more questions

fpac 04-23-2004 05:52 PM

Re: new composure setting can only mean 1 thing...

I've been hoping for bigger rosters also, but for some reason, I doubt they increase until the next gen systems are released. Hope I'm wrong though...

choadler 04-23-2004 05:54 PM

I agree. I don't think that rosters sizes will increase. I thought I heard that it was a memory issue. Adding more players which just take up too much.

Here is to hoping, though.

CrHawkeye 04-23-2004 09:29 PM

I don't understand their exact proggramming ways... but it's interesting that they can add all these div.2 teams, features.. and mascot teams but can't add 10-15 more players on to a roster.

kirkdawg 04-23-2004 09:40 PM

My understanding is that it relates to the size of the save files. Since stats aren't tracked for the 1AA schools, they can easily add teams to that division without an increase in the size of save data. Increasing roster size is my number one wish and I hope they do it, but until the PS2 hard drive becomes more common, I doubt we'll see it.

Mizzou23 04-24-2004 01:18 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
CrHawkeye said:
I don't understand their exact proggramming ways... but it's interesting that they can add all these div.2 teams, features.. and mascot teams but can't add 10-15 more players on to a roster.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Think about it...the roster files and dynasty files are already good sizes, but then add 10 players for each of the 110 teams, that's over 1000 new players to save onto the file. I know this isn't an issue for the xbox, but it is an issue for the PS2. How much that expands the file size by, I'm not sure, but it would definitely increase. It has nothing to do with what can or cannot fit on the DVD, so removing mascot teams or any other features is not the solution. Basically the only way to keep the dynasty save the same size while expanding the roster would be to cut down stat tracking or other stuff like that. I'm sure nobody wants to see that happen.

msuforever 04-24-2004 01:21 PM

Mizzou23 said:
CrHawkeye said:

Think about it...the roster files and dynasty files are already good sizes, but then add 10 players for each of the 110 teams, that's over 1000 new players to save onto the file. I know this isn't an issue for the xbox, but it is an issue for the PS2. How much that expands the file size by, I'm not sure, but it would definitely increase. It has nothing to do with what can or cannot fit on the DVD, so removing mascot teams or any other features is not the solution. Basically the only way to keep the dynasty save the same size while expanding the roster would be to cut down stat tracking or other stuff like that. I'm sure nobody wants to see that happen.

Delete the Mascot teams. I remember that (for gamecube at least) a madden dynasty used to be under 56 blocks (the size of a standard GC memory card). It changed in 2003 to about 150 blocks, and at first it pissed me off. However, eventually the GC just made bigger memory cards. The fact of the matter is that I would be willing to pay for a bigger memory card in order to play with a larger roster (even though I don't have GC any more).
DELETE THE MASCOT TEAMS!!!!!

doubleg 04-24-2004 03:28 PM

you know i agree with you i hate the mascot games they need to make a mascot for created teams. They also need to add more weather effects, be able to expand your stadium, fix the bump and run issue, stop the downfall of top notch schools, more meaningful celebrations, to me this game needs a whole lot of adjustments we just need more realism period.