Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Is This Game Just A Pig With Lipstick? (/forums/showthread.php?t=800329)

SwedishTouch76 11-16-2014 03:22 PM

Is This Game Just A Pig With Lipstick?

I haven't played since the one with Peyton Hillis on the cover. Game just always seemed arcadey and ridiculous to me. Can you actually play a bit of D in this one? Ive briefly read some of the complaints ie the sack issues. Is it worth 60 bucks for a guy who wants a fairly realistic experience or no?

mestevo 11-16-2014 05:00 PM

Re: Is This Game Just A Pig With Lipstick?

There' a Q&A thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-q-thread.html

And an impressions thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-xb1-ps4.html

You will probably find your answers if you're actually seeking them there.

SwedishTouch76 11-16-2014 05:04 PM

I am actually seeking them. I see what you did there. Thanks for the links

rspencer86 11-16-2014 05:53 PM

I can't recommend it. The game looks beautiful, they made a number of really positive strides in numerous areas, but the gameplay just isn't there. The sack issue is unavoidable, lack on penalties is just ridiculous at this point, sliders are ineffective, receivers don't fight for balls, CPU running backs shun clear running lanes to do some brainless backjuke that loses 3 yards... I'm not one who is hypercritical of games and usually can enjoy them despite issues, but I just have not been able to enjoy this one much.

jayenomics 11-16-2014 06:41 PM

This is the most fun I've had playing Madden in years...YEARS.

cpic1 11-16-2014 07:50 PM

If you want a realistic game this isn't it. If you want a cool looking arcade game this is the game for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T5063 11-16-2014 08:20 PM

The game looks great but thats about it. I got tired of the ridiculous qb ai and hollow one player cfm experience as well as the dozens of other minor bugs and glitches. I traded it in 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I'm having too to much fun with nba 2k15's my gm mode.

Apparently this game is a lot better vs other people online because you're dealing with real humans vs the flawed computer logic and ai but personally I have no interest in online play.

SwedishTouch76 11-16-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T5063 (Post 2046816581)
The game looks great but thats about it. I got tired of the ridiculous qb ai and hollow one player cfm experience as well as the dozens of other minor bugs and glitches. I traded it in 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back. I'm having too to much fun with nba 2k15's my gm mode.

Apparently this game is a lot better vs other people online because you're dealing with real humans vs the flawed computer logic and ai but personally I have no interest in online play.

Thanks guys. Think ive read and seen enough to pass once again. Online is fun for about axweek for me then it quickly gets old dealing with cheese muppets. Such a shame we cant have a decent semi or full sim football game. Their UFC game is same thing. Pretty looking arcade game.