Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=534)
-   -   Grapple system (ps4/xb1) (/forums/showthread.php?t=802108)

kooch66 11-18-2014 12:35 PM

Grapple system (ps4/xb1)

The grapple system seems very different than the last few years, and I mean the normal grappling not the new tie up. Just looking for others impressions to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

So this game has regular (press x) and strong (hold x) grapples, as opposed to the last few years which had regular and groggy grapples which were both just pressing x, depending on the state of the opponent, there was no strong or "hold x" grapples.

I tested this out against a second player and that's basically how it works, there are no groggy grapples. I beat a guy down to nothing but tapping up+x always did the same thing, groggy or not. Holding up+x did the strong move also regardless of groggy or not.

It's actually really good and more similar to the N64 games if anyone remembers those.

Is everyone else interpreting this the same way or an I missing something.

kooch66 11-18-2014 01:17 PM

Re: Grapple system (ps4/xb1)

Bump......

DirtyJerz32 11-18-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooch66 (Post 2046822616)
Bump......

No need to bump your own thread. It's against rules too.

kooch66 11-18-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32 (Post 2046822627)
No need to bump your own thread. It's against rules too.

Thanks, officer. You adding that is less useful than me bumping the thread. Didn't know it was against the rules, even so let a mod deal with it. Add something to do with the topic or be quiet.

DirtyJerz32 11-18-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooch66 (Post 2046822705)
Thanks, officer. You adding that is less useful than me bumping the thread. Didn't know it was against the rules, even so let a mod deal with it. Add something to do with the topic or be quiet.

:waytogo: You got it man. Just trying to help. Good luck!

birthday_massacre 11-18-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooch66 (Post 2046822481)
The grapple system seems very different than the last few years, and I mean the normal grappling not the new tie up. Just looking for others impressions to make sure I'm understanding this correctly.

So this game has regular (press x) and strong (hold x) grapples, as opposed to the last few years which had regular and groggy grapples which were both just pressing x, depending on the state of the opponent, there was no strong or "hold x" grapples.

I tested this out against a second player and that's basically how it works, there are no groggy grapples. I beat a guy down to nothing but tapping up+x always did the same thing, groggy or not. Holding up+x did the strong move also regardless of groggy or not.

It's actually really good and more similar to the N64 games if anyone remembers those.

Is everyone else interpreting this the same way or an I missing something.

this is from gamefaq

Tap X without pressing any direction to put them in a front facelock. From this you can press X + U D L R or Neutral to do a weak grapple move. Tap X while holding U D L or R to do a Medium Grapple Move. Hold X while holding U D L or R to do a Strong Grapple Move.