Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Speed Threshold (/forums/showthread.php?t=812209)

4thQtrStre5S 12-02-2014 09:36 PM

Speed Threshold

Wanted to do a little testing on Speed Threshold, under the theory that it affects Acceleration as opposed to Speed, and that it affects interior players like TE's, LB's, and OL and DL....

I took TE Levine Toilolo from the Atlanta Falcons as my test subject. His combine results according to NFL Draft Scout http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=TE are as follows:

10 yard Dash (Combine Invite): 1.69
10 yard Dash (Pro Day): 1.68

In running streaks in practice mode I got the following general results using the FBG ratings for Xbox One.

Speed Threshold:

100: 1.868
50: 1.829, 1.799
1: 1.76
0: 1.707, 1.63, 1.698

Seems, as close as can be in Madden, if the Speed Threshold does effect Acceleration and it is limited to None receivers and DB's, then a speed threshold at 0 is most accurate, at least with the FBG ratings.

I also did similar tests with WR Julio Jones referencing his dash times according to NFL Draft Scout, and in the limited tests I did i saw no difference in regards to acceleration or speed in relation to speed threshold; granted, I did limited testing cause of a lack of results and moved on to the TE....

Madden could use a combine setup where we can test dash times and splits and bench presses based on player ratings, etc...but first, maybe they'll get the basics of football correct....LMAO sorry, had to laugh there...Sometimes I think I should have been a Comedian, or a Psychologist...

4thQtrStre5S 12-13-2014 01:00 PM

Re: Speed Threshold

When doing tests with the default rosters and threshold, it seems a Speed Threshold of 80 on "Fast" game play speed results in the best times for positions effected by speed threshold, which seems to be anything but WR's and DB's...these tested times are the 10 yard and 20 yard splits. Apparently full speed in madden is achieved at around 5 yards for all players.

Another test I am finding somewhat helpful is to go into practice mode and re-position the ball ahead to about the opponents 10 yard line. From there you want to call a defensive play that will bring blitzers and you want to sprint your Quarterback backwards towards his own end zone, in a straight line, and see how long and who catches him..

With this you can also watch how other defenders catch and pass or run even with other chasing defenders....I have seen things as ridiculous as a 64 speed DT, Hill from the Titans, catching an 83 speed QB Locker on some settings...SMH...

When just doing 40 yard dashes and timing 10 yard and 20 yard splits the most accurate with default sliders has been 80 threshold with a "fast" game speed.

But in game, as far as the fastest defender beating out other defenders consistently and running down the QB Locker, "Slow" game speed is most accurate. Speed threshold changes acceleration/speed by no more than about a little over 1/10 in any timed dash any where between 0 and 100 on the threshold slider.

4thQtrStre5S 12-13-2014 01:08 PM

Also, can always edit the players speed and acceleration to see how things change, if at all...

In conclusion - defense is (UN)naturally faster in game...

4thQtrStre5S 12-13-2014 04:37 PM

when setting all sliders, penalty, CPU, and to 50, with game speed at slow and speed threshold at 50 Titans TE Delanie Walker runs his 10 yard dash in line with his real life results...

Luke Skywalker 12-13-2014 04:53 PM

I set my speed at 25. It's a user preference.

4thQtrStre5S 12-13-2014 05:01 PM

After adjusting HUM and CPU sliders to the following - keeping threshold at 50 and game speed at slow, TE Delanie Walker remained constant in his speed - thus indicating that something in the penalty sliders may effect players speed. I individually adjusted WR catching and found it had zero effect on changing speed or acceleration.

HUMAN/CPU

(Offense)
QB Accuracy: 6/6
Pass Blocking: 0/0
WR Catching: 50/50

Run Blocking: 0/1
Fumbles: 40/50

(Defense)
Reaction Time: 50/50
Interceptions: 35/30
Pass Coverage: 0/0

Tackling: 1/1

(Special Teams)
FG Power: 53/53
FG Accuracy: 33/40
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

4thQtrStre5S 12-13-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker (Post 2046901066)
I set my speed at 25. It's a user preference.

Most definitely is a user preference...All the sliders are subject to user preference..I am merely trying to locate a mean to get proper 20 yard times, which is where a player should generally have reached their maximum speed and were much of the action of football is played within 10 yards or so of the line of scrimmage, so in my preference I am trying to replicate a relatively accurate simulation of acceleration time and thus game play with the general area of play where football occurs...

Just deciding to post results in case anyone is interested or wishes to add their observations...

charter04 12-13-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S (Post 2046900591)
When doing tests with the default rosters and threshold, it seems a Speed Threshold of 80 on "Fast" game play speed results in the best times for positions effected by speed threshold, which seems to be anything but WR's and DB's...these tested times are the 10 yard and 20 yard splits. Apparently full speed in madden is achieved at around 5 yards for all players.

Another test I am finding somewhat helpful is to go into practice mode and re-position the ball ahead to about the opponents 10 yard line. From there you want to call a defensive play that will bring blitzers and you want to sprint your Quarterback backwards towards his own end zone, in a straight line, and see how long and who catches him..

With this you can also watch how other defenders catch and pass or run even with other chasing defenders....I have seen things as ridiculous as a 64 speed DT, Hill from the Titans, catching an 83 speed QB Locker on some settings...SMH...

When just doing 40 yard dashes and timing 10 yard and 20 yard splits the most accurate with default sliders has been 80 threshold with a "fast" game speed.

But in game, as far as the fastest defender beating out other defenders consistently and running down the QB Locker, "Slow" game speed is most accurate. Speed threshold changes acceleration/speed by no more than about a little over 1/10 in any timed dash any where between 0 and 100 on the threshold slider.

You also have to remember that the Pursuit rating gives a speed boost to a player that is chasing the ball carrier. So if a dline player has 70 speed, 65 pursuit and another player has 65 speed, 89 pursuit then the second player will run to the QB faster in your test.