Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What about dropped passes...? (/forums/showthread.php?t=81369)

TidePride50 05-18-2004 11:28 AM

What about dropped passes...?

Hopefully EA will fix this, I know some of you say that you dont have the problem, but it is obvious that both the user and CPU drop too many passes. I understand the dropped passes in traffic and after a hit, but the majority are wide open even after turning the slider up.

Mizzou23 05-18-2004 01:22 PM

Re: What about dropped passes...?

I noticed it on the Xbox version of NCAA '04, but not on the PS2 version. When I had the xbox version, sometimes the ball would just bounce off my receivers. It happens from time to time on the PS2, but not nearly as often.

Brandwin 05-18-2004 01:31 PM

Yes hopefully this is fixed. So frustrating to hit a wide open wr and have him drop it. Especially on screens when no one is around and it just bounces off...aaah!

Mizzou23 05-18-2004 01:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
DookieMowf said:
Yes hopefully this is fixed. So frustrating to hit a wide open wr and have him drop it. Especially on screens when no one is around and it just bounces off...aaah!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

LOL, I remember that well. Hopefully it isn't a problem this year.

Bad_Intentions 05-18-2004 02:21 PM

i agree somewhat, but dang, I get high enough scores as it is...I know WR's drop some gimmies, but this is college and sometimes I feel the cpu is just trying to get a certain amount of Incomplete passes. But I feel that should be taken care of by the QB throwing the ball off target sometime instead of throwing a good ball and the WR just droping it.

ochoco 05-18-2004 02:30 PM

Bad_Intentions said:
i agree somewhat, but dang, I get high enough scores as it is...I know WR's drop some gimmies, but this is college and sometimes I feel the cpu is just trying to get a certain amount of Incomplete passes. But I feel that should be taken care of by the QB throwing the ball off target sometime instead of throwing a good ball and the WR just droping it.

EXACTLY!

jake44np 05-18-2004 02:50 PM

ochoco said:
Bad_Intentions said:

EXACTLY!

I totally agree, but then you will have gamers that are mad saying my WR was wide open and my QB over threw him and that needs fixed.

APD0290 05-18-2004 03:06 PM

I've played both PS2 and Xbox version, and the too many dropped passes are only in the Xbox version of the game.