Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   From Worst to First: Turning Around the Oakland Raiders in Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=816799)

RaychelSnr 12-08-2014 10:01 AM

From Worst to First: Turning Around the Oakland Raiders in Madden

It is really hard to imagine an Oakland Raiders team this bad may not be that far from turning into a winner. With team's pulling off major turnarounds in the last few years (think the '13 Chiefs), it's easy to wonder what the Raiders would have to do for a similar reversal. That said, here are three quick moves outside of drafting the next Andrew Luck that the Raiders can make to turn their fortunes around in a Madden 15 Connected Franchise, provided you are playing on a realistically challenging level of course:

1. Find a Playmaker: Let's forget for a second that Derek Carr is their starting quarterback. When James Jones is your best option to throw the ball to and Darren McFadden is getting the bulk of the carries in the run game, something is wrong.

Every Raider's owner in Madden 15 would be wise to go out and find a playmaker at a cheap price.

2. Get Younger on Defense: With one of the oldest defenses in the NFL, it might be time to shed some of that in return for whatever draft picks you can get. Go defense heavy in the 2015 draft.

3. Find a Game Manager: This doesn't necessarily need to be a quarterback. DeMarco Murray has become a game manager for the Cowboys, and Matt Forte one for the Bears. Consistent QB's are hard to find, but consistent football players are a little less rare. Go out and find the guy you are comfortable enough to give 20-30 touches a game, and let that improved defense win some games for you.

Up Next: The Jacksonville Jaguars and the Philadelphia 76ers

Teleo 12-08-2014 10:14 AM

Re: From Worst to First: Turning Around the Oakland Raiders in Madden

Love this idea!

juice2142 12-08-2014 11:30 AM

I think you meant Derek Carr...... he is a rookie so I wouldn't trade him necessarily if attempting this

Mgbleu1986 12-08-2014 11:43 AM

Is David Carr even in the league anymore???

minushuman 12-08-2014 12:02 PM

Philadelphia 76'ers?

Greencollarbaseball 12-08-2014 12:29 PM

Derek Carr can be a beast in this game. 95thp, fast development, 80 speed to scramble when needed (which is plenty behind that oline ).

ednaaard 12-08-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juice2142 (Post 2046884553)
I think you meant Derek Carr...... he is a rookie so I wouldn't trade him necessarily if attempting this

I believe OP was removing Derek Carr from the discussion of the Raiders not enough playmakers.

tarek 12-09-2014 01:40 AM

I love my Raiders, and I think they have a solid cornerstone in Carr and Mack on defense. Filling in the gaps is harder. MJD and McFadden are temporary, replace one with a 2nd string HB who take take 20-30 touches per game, right now it's running by committee.
Recievers need a massive upgrade. Same with the defensive line. Sheesh.