Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Easiest way to scout Dev trait? (/forums/showthread.php?t=817251)

milldaddy35 12-09-2014 08:31 AM

Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

In a league of mine, another person said he found a way to figure out there Dev trait, without actually scouting it. I believe him because in the last draft he drafter a star dev WR in the 5th round, and he also has high 70's from the 5-7 rounds. Does anyone know this trick?

lasto 12-09-2014 10:00 AM

Re: Easiest way to scout Dev trait?

I am not sure if there is a guaranteed way (people speculate both awareness and consistency). Consistency can sometimes indicate a high dev trait. Regardless of their dev trait, if they have high consistency they will earn more XP than average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

milldaddy35 12-09-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lasto (Post 2046888265)
I am not sure if there is a guaranteed way (people speculate both awareness and consistency). Consistency can sometimes indicate a high dev trait. Regardless of their dev trait, if they have high consistency they will earn more XP than average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanksssssssssssss

troy184 12-09-2014 05:08 PM

Scout the personality trait......it has worked very well for me

96CFrank 12-10-2014 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troy184 (Post 2046889547)
Scout the personality trait......it has worked very well for me

Could you specify on this? Like is it higher the personally the higher the development? At what #s does it kick in? Like does it take 80 personality to = what development level?

WelshWizard 12-10-2014 01:43 AM

I have Superstar/Quick dev trait on players with 40-50 Personality so wouldn't say there is any correlation just coincidence.

With the ways you can get xp and improve players I wouldn't rate the dev trait so much. I just focus on my needs put them through my position specification and try and get the best player available. Most of the time the good players have a decent trait which is a nice bonus.

rushinplayallgame 12-10-2014 02:44 AM

scout for scheme, the attributes that you want, like a strong offensive line for example. build their awareness and you should have completely capable players.

my best players, I scouted one attribute that mattered most and built the player around that.

or just spend the 500 on dev. trait, maybe only if your coach has a bonus, but even then- you will just have players you have to give huge salaries to.

Richie71 12-10-2014 03:26 AM

Keep the player awareness down until you have the players on a long term contract. Awareness has a big effect on Overall, which has a big effect on salaries.
I use a "house rule" of only manually progressing players under 25 years old, and only using practice points for rookies and 1st year players. So I look for 20-21 year old rookies, with ratings in the key areas. I find OL easiest to develop, as even backups get XPs and if you get a guy with good STR you only have to work on RBK, PBK, IBL (perhaps only for pulling guards) and awareness.