Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   APF Editor - #3 Missing Attributes (/forums/showthread.php?t=817768)

KingJavo 12-10-2014 09:00 PM

APF Editor - #3 Missing Attributes

I'd like to gather a list of attributes found which are missing from Finn's editor. I'm aware of the high hit tackle, kicking style, and play action motion, but I don't know what offset these reside in and all of the possible hex values which change the attribute to a different a style.

If you guys want these in the new editor, then let's get to work! :computer:

jyoung 12-11-2014 12:24 PM

Re: APF Editor - #3 Missing Attributes

Helmet High Tackles = enter hex code 02 exactly 12 spots before a player's jersey number hex code.

Lester Hayes' signature "get low" DB stance = enter hex code 01 exactly 9 spots after a player's jersey number hex code.

Deacon Jones' signature "head slap" line move = enter hex code 80 exactly 7 spots after a player's jersey number hex code.

Roger Craig's signature "high step" running style = enter hex code 20 exactly 7 spots after a player's jersey number hex code.

Throwing Motions (located exactly 8 spaces before a player's jersey number hex code)

Dan Marino = hex code 32

Bernie Kosar - hex code 30

Johnny Unitas, Sammy Baugh, John Brodie = hex code 20

John Elway = hex code 94

Joe Montana = hex code C0

Troy Aikman = hex code 40

Generic throwing animation one = hex code 0

Generic throwing animation two = hex code 10

Generic throwing animation three = hex code 48

Generic throwing animation four = hex code 50

Generic throwing animation five = hex code 60

Generic throwing animation six = hex code 64

Generic throwing animation seven = hex code 70

Generic throwing animation eight = hex code 80

Generic throwing animation nine = hex code 90

For reference, the jersey number hex block is colored hot pink the in this example picture:

KingJavo 12-11-2014 03:50 PM

APF Editor - #3 Missing Attributes

Thanks for all your help so far JYoung!

This really helps to speed things up.

Do you know if any of these slots are shared between more than one attribute?

For example, the head slap and high step share the same slot. This is important because styles or attributes can be shared inside one hex value as bits.

If there is another attribute shared with one of these and I just hard code the full byte (hex) to be something like 02, then we could step on the other values inside that hex number.

In addition, I'm curious about what other values can be assessed from these offsets. Ie more styles etc.

So the question is are we sure these are the only values in these offsets and I can hardcore the values or could there be more we need to be mindful of?

jyoung 12-11-2014 04:04 PM

Any time there are two abilities you want to use that share the same hex block, you just add the two values together and put that sum value in.

So if you wanted to give a quarterback both the rocket arm (hex code 04) and laser arm (hex code 08) abilities, you would type hex code 12 into the 8th attribute slot (that's the grey strip, in the picture I posted earlier).

KingJavo 12-14-2014 01:41 AM

Do you happen to have all the abilities documented?

Offsets and all possible values? I might just put them all in and i also want to make sure I'm not stepping on existing ones from the missing offsets from this thread.

jyoung 12-14-2014 02:54 AM

All of the ability hex codes are listed in this article:

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...8-for-dummies/