Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can't wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East! (/forums/showthread.php?t=82309)

NYRangers31 05-29-2004 11:18 AM

Can\'t wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

Terry Caulley and Dan Orlovsky will become known this year.

Jwally 05-29-2004 12:36 PM

Re: Can\'t wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

Yeah, It'll also be fun to play with UC in the Big East this year. I'm really excited about Bearcats football this year since D'Antonio has come in.

TheGiant99 05-29-2004 03:09 PM

Man you guys arent the only ones to wanna play with the Huskies. I am so jacked to see how good they made them. I am hoping it is pretty good as they did have a 9-3 record last year and there offense will be the sh!t with big dan throwin and terry running his a$$ off. Thier D should be pretty good also. I only live like 10 min form thier home stadium went to a few games last year and plan on a few this year.

Murph 05-29-2004 04:39 PM

It's still questionable whether Caulley will actually play this year or if they'll medical red-shirt him.

As for the Big East, there will only be 7 teams this year, so only 6 conference games. That will be interesting, but I can't wait.

TerpsJunkie 05-29-2004 04:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Murph said:
It's still questionable whether Caulley will actually play this year or if they'll medical red-shirt him.

As for the Big East, there will only be 7 teams this year, so only 6 conference games. That will be interesting, but I can't wait.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Don't they need 8 teams to be a BCS conference or just a conference in general?

Murph 05-29-2004 06:54 PM

TerpsJunkie said:
Murph said:

Don't they need 8 teams to be a BCS conference or just a conference in general?

They'll need 8 teams by 2005, which they'll have when the 3 C-USA teams join.

SportsK1NG 05-29-2004 07:02 PM

Uconn has a football team?

BigT34 05-29-2004 08:07 PM

yeah and a darn decent one. I have no reason to favor them, but I'm damned impressed with what Edsall has done up in Storrs. They went 9-3 last year vs. a full 1-A schedule in what was just their third year ever at D-1A. they're also becoming real players for a lot of solid recruits on the East Coast this year--they are definitely on the rise. Their senior QB, Dan Orlovsky, is about as good as anyone in the country. If Terry Caulley can recover from his knee injury, UConn will have the player who led all freshmen in rushing with the highest rushing total for a freshman since Tennessee's Jamal Lewis--this in the same year that Clarrett and TA McClendon got all the hype. If he can't go yet, UConn still has a bevy of talented RBs, including a kid who was on Tom Lemming's top-100 list (Matt Lawrence).

With the Big East much weaker this year, UConn very well could win the conference. They smoked Wake Forest last year and gave BC all they could handle. NC State needed an interception return for a TD as the clock expired to break a tie and beat the Huskies--UConn was driving for the game-winning field goal at the time.