Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Patch For The Golf Club Available on Steam, Coming Soon For PS4 & Xbox One (/forums/showthread.php?t=825421)

Steve_OS 01-10-2015 11:25 AM

New Patch For The Golf Club Available on Steam, Coming Soon For PS4 & Xbox One

HB Studios have released a small patch for The Golf Club on Steam for PC users. They updated the same patch earlier this morning to fix the turn based multiplayer issue.

This patch will be submitted it to Sony and Microsoft early next week for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, respectively.

Check out the details below.
  • Maximum course size indicator in the Greg Norman Course Designer.
  • Fixed UFO shadow.
  • Minor putting adjustments.
  • Various handicap interface fixes and adjustments.
  • Various Tournament interface fixes and adjustments.
  • Stability improvements (primarily console).
  • Increased max Tour duration to 180 days.
  • Updated the offline course list.
  • Tweaked the wood texture on selected Greg Norman Course Designer assets.
  • Fixed GNCD course testing crash when ball holed out.
  • Fixed local Match Play bug where match ended early.
  • Commentary tweaks and fixes in Tournaments.
  • Fixed removing Tee Furniture console bug which left the bag behind.
  • Various other small bug fixes and general tweaks.

knob1701 01-10-2015 09:56 PM

Re: New Patch For The Golf Club Available on Steam, Coming Soon For PS4 & Xbox One

Glad the UFO shadow thing is fixed. That was very annoying.

OnlookerDelay 01-10-2015 10:17 PM

Re: New Patch For The Golf Club Available on Steam, Coming Soon For PS4 & Xbox One

Some PC TGC players have expressed their disapproval of the changes to the putting physics with this patch. HBS has significantly reduced the range "help" you get in obtaining the targeted putt strength. If you've conditioned yourself to putting a token effort into the stroke required to acheive the desired distance, you're going to find that you're not getting as much assistance from the game obtaining it. You could hit a 30 foot putt that with a stroke which if it was allowed to be fully proportional, would go 22 to 38 feet, but the game would filter it so that it would still give you close to 30 feet of distance.

With this patch, it seems like you have to be more like 28 to 32 feet of stroke to get a 30 foor result, and that's got some folks fuming. I haven't had enough play time with it yet to get a good feel for it, but I do know in the 12 or so holes I've played, I've started to get a feel for it.

HBS has already said this sensitivity will be tweaked again on Monday, and a new PC version patch will be released then. I'm glad they're doing this on the PC, where they can get immediate feedback from the community, and dial it in closer to a happy medium. They won't submit the XB1 and PS4 patches for certification until early next week, so hopefully this will give them a chance to get a good putting sensitivity value into the console patches before they submit.

countryboy 01-11-2015 11:24 AM

one thing I would like to see patched is when playing in tournaments that everyone plays in the same conditions in each round. A little unfair that some people have time to play all four rounds of a tournament in ideal conditions while others are forced to play in terrible conditions.

This is my only major gripe with the game.

DBMcGee3 01-12-2015 01:03 PM

I have been dying to play this game, but I watched a video the other day and there were animals on the greens, 2-3 ft from the hole. Is this normal or did someone add that stuff via the course creator?

OnlookerDelay 01-12-2015 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBMcGee3 (Post 2046978772)
I have been dying to play this game, but I watched a video the other day and there were animals on the greens, 2-3 ft from the hole. Is this normal or did someone add that stuff via the course creator?

These are added by the creator in the course creator. In most courses, they're either not there, or they're not a problem... well, as long as you keep the ball in play :)

And wouldn't you rather have seen Boone lob that 3rd down pass up a little bit higher to Crowder in the Sun Bowl? The defender made a great play on it, but with another foot or two, only Crowder would have had a play on it... and he would have made it ;)

DBMcGee3 01-13-2015 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay (Post 2046978995)
These are added by the creator in the course creator. In most courses, they're either not there, or they're not a problem... well, as long as you keep the ball in play :)

And wouldn't you rather have seen Boone lob that 3rd down pass up a little bit higher to Crowder in the Sun Bowl? The defender made a great play on it, but with another foot or two, only Crowder would have had a play on it... and he would have made it ;)

I would have much rather seen them win that game against the Tarholes, but yes, Crowder makes that play in my opinion.