Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Equipment update? (/forums/showthread.php?t=825693)

Kmac27 01-12-2015 12:28 PM

Equipment update?

Hey there people,

I have created a ticket with EA and have tried to contact customer support about this issue. The equipment in Madden 15 is totally out dated. No one arm sleeves (see: cover athlete). No new cleats (cam newton etc...). Hand warmers located on player backsides, towels all located in the same place, now new helmets, missing neck rolls (John Connor, many other FB's), and the inability to change player physique (size, muscle definition etc...).

Is it just me or do these missing elements totally break immersion?

Has anyone received any feedback about this?

Any info would be appreciated

patriot1136 01-12-2015 01:12 PM

Re: Equipment update?

It definitely bothers me. Especially the one arm sleeves which are so popular now and not being able to change physique. I have not contacted EA or pursued anything like that. I guess I keep holding out hope they add more equipment.

azdawgpound 01-12-2015 01:41 PM

we'll i do know EA has said the one arm sleeve is coded into RG3's face and only him not sure why they just couldnt add it into the equipment.

just like the gloves with the team logo's those been out few yrs now and yet nowhere to be found in madden even though i believe sherman is wearing them on the cover of 15.

i agree the equipment does need updated.

cthurt 01-12-2015 02:54 PM

I agree Madden needs to update the equipment big time, its not even on the level of the old NCAA football games level. It would be cool if they added a cleat creator similar to NBA2k's shoe creator. But seeing the pattern that Madden has had for years I doubt anything gets touched or anything added, the RG3 sleeve thing has been a complaint since his rookie year and they still never added it in the game for other players.

Kmac27 01-12-2015 03:51 PM

Just got a reply from EA.

"No word from creative about player aesthetics or any equipment updates in the future."

I also asked about madden 16 and received the same answer. This is what a modern day monopoly looks like people. Why improve on a product that everyone is buying anyway.

With the new equipment i could get over the terrible gang-tard animations but as it is now this game a total underachiever!

1NFAMOU5808 01-12-2015 08:21 PM

It took them a good 3 years to add the 'AL' decal on the back of the Raiders' helmet, that's after I bothered the hell out of them on Twitter. Clint Odenberg was really a helpful dude, you should go talk to him on Twitter and have him get in their ears about the stuff.

Hehmke22 01-12-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1NFAMOU5808 (Post 2046979915)
It took them a good 3 years to add the 'AL' decal on the back of the Raiders' helmet, that's after I bothered the hell out of them on Twitter. Clint Odenberg was really a helpful dude, you should go talk to him on Twitter and have him get in their ears about the stuff.

It needs to be addressed, it is odd to me how the cover athlete has 3 equipment pieces (one arm sleeve, gloves, and cleats) that aren't even available in the game?

I hope that someone is made aware at least.

Kmac27 01-13-2015 04:21 AM

Maybe we should all spam this Clint Odenberg guy on twitter, he is a Madden developer after all. Is there anything else we can do?

Just tweeted him: @ClintOldenburg Will there ever be a equipment update for Madden 15 or the upcoming madden 16? Equipment is SO out dated! #equipmentupdate.

Find my tweet and comment, the more the better!!!