Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   As a community we can not support Madden 16 without Overhauled Penalties. (/forums/showthread.php?t=825883)

Shady Mike 01-13-2015 05:52 PM

As a community we can not support Madden 16 without Overhauled Penalties.

If we are all truly dedicated to sports gaming we need to take a stand here...if Madden 16 does not have a complete 100% OVERHAULED penalty system. We have to boycott. I'm sorry, but we have to. It's just been too long, we're on next gen now and I can't get a pass interference call are you serious?

This is a pivotal part of American football that is deciding the outcomes of games EVERY Sunday. Penalties and Roster editing IN Franchise mode needs to be top priority with M16...we need more, we deserve more, and we need to demand more.

Thoughts?

mlbtheshowfan7 01-13-2015 06:34 PM

Re: As a community we can not support Madden 16 without Overhauled Penalties.

Yep, way too few penalties compared to an actual NFL game even when you crank up the sliders

Big FN Deal 01-13-2015 07:23 PM

While I agree with this in principle, I think any addition to Madden is destined to "fail" without a complete overhaul of the entire foundation of Madden. Considering how every other "overhaul" to any other area of this game has turned out, I don't see why the penalty system would be any different.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of one overhaul in a decade, aside from graphics if you want to count that, that they've implemented in Madden, which turned out to function in a way that emulates real football.

NFCastle 01-13-2015 07:43 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but every year, these threads pop up. The OS community is an ant compared to the millions who purchase the game every year regardless.

That's why we'll never see the changes that would make the game worth buying year after year.

cusefan74 01-13-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFCastle (Post 2046982917)
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...but every year, these threads pop up. The OS community is an ant compared to the millions who purchase the game every year regardless.

That's why we'll never see the changes that would make the game worth buying year after year.

This exactly! There is not enough people here to make a difference. There is also a bunch of people that want cpu vs cpu put back into it, but again not enough people to make a difference.

Herky 01-13-2015 08:53 PM

EA hasn't listened to the community for years. Not trying to pile on but it's true. I've been on this website for a long time and the "Wish Lists" that are posted on OS haven't really changed all that much over time.

They used to have some people from EA post here, but even then they never came through on what the community wanted.

roadman 01-13-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herky (Post 2046983086)
EA hasn't listened to the community for years. Not trying to pile on but it's true. I've been on this website for a long time and the "Wish Lists" that are posted on OS haven't really changed all that much over time.

They used to have some people from EA post here, but even then they never came through on what the community wanted.

I agree with the first part, but not the last.

Ian had a wish list compiled after Madden 10 came out and 90% of the wishes in Madden 10 came from OS.

Since then, nothing has come close.

It's really here nor there, though, I've been on here for 12 years and if I had a nickel for every time I heard the word boycott............

Same word, different year.

NDAlum 01-13-2015 09:51 PM

Sad to say but yep, we have no voice.

It's clear by what product they put out. The lack of penalties clearly caters to a demographic that is not Operation Sports.