Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=825902)

DarthRambo 01-13-2015 10:39 PM

Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

What are your house rules on this? I'm in my third season at Penn State, hand every time I've had the option I used it and the player stayed. Now looking back, I kind of feel like I cheated the system lol.

I have a 99 overall junior wide receiver this year, and I feel like I could get him to stay for his senior year if I wanted. However I know in real life he would be gone to the NFL no questions asked. So do you have any house rules for this option or does anyone just never use it?

Mjphillips 01-13-2015 11:30 PM

Re: Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

I've used it and seen mixed results. However, I did talk a Junior stud OLB into staying and then feeling bad for doing it. There's NO WAY he would've stayed in real life. I'm considering letting them all go from now on. Even the rare transfer.

jello1717 01-14-2015 12:13 AM

There's roughly a 100% chance that a declarer will return if you speak to him (I've never seen 1 leave anyway in my tests but I don't feel comfortable saying it's a definite 100%). Therefore you shouldn't talk anyone out of declaring unless you've got some house rules for it (IE. can't persuade anyone 90+ or/and can't persuade anyone that's won an award, etc).

There's probably about a 5-10% chance that you'll talk someone out of transferring so I'd say go for it if you want.

I personally let everyone go that wants to leave and I've had that rule for many releases of NCAA. Users already have enormous roster management advantages over the CPU teams (we do a better job of recruiting for our needs/depth chart, we position change ATHs to their ideal position, we can RS guys MUCH more liberally, we can position change guys to more ideal positions, especially on the OL, we recruit more talent in general, we have ridiculously better "cut players" management, etc, etc) so we really don't need more advantages w/ transfers.

DarthRambo 01-14-2015 08:28 AM

Cool thanks. I will just let anyone who is leaving go from now on then. Currently I shouldn't have RB Akeel Lynch for Penn State lol. He had 1,918yds rushing, won the best rb award, and I talked him into staying :/ I feel bad now but it's fun gunning for that 2,000yd mark!

sycodmn 01-14-2015 09:50 AM

I base it on stats, not so much over. For instance, I had a 91ovr HB prepared to declare, but he'd only rushed for 1,000yd, w/ maybe 5TD. Not the greatest season, and his career numbers weren't great either. I kept him.

jbrew2411 01-14-2015 11:57 AM

I never try to get guys to stay that want to transfer. I just feel that in real life when a kid wants to go then he has already talked with coaches before hand.

As for players leaving early I base it on overall rating and draft position. If I have a guy that is below a 92ovr anything to leave but is projected as a 4th-7th round pick then I try to get them to stay. I have had mixed success doing this and I don't feel like it cheats the system. If the guy is a high draft choice or there is nothing left for him to do in college then I let them go.

If a player has a "Low" chance of being swayed I don't waste my time no matter what. I have had mixed success with guys with "High" but very good success with guys with "Very High" chance to sway. I still go back to my overall/draft position rule to determine if I even try to sway no matter the chance.

DarthRambo 01-14-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrew2411 (Post 2046984371)
I never try to get guys to stay that want to transfer. I just feel that in real life when a kid wants to go then he has already talked with coaches before hand.

As for players leaving early I base it on overall rating and draft position. If I have a guy that is below a 92ovr anything to leave but is projected as a 4th-7th round pick then I try to get them to stay. I have had mixed success doing this and I don't feel like it cheats the system. If the guy is a high draft choice or there is nothing left for him to do in college then I let them go.

If a player has a "Low" chance of being swayed I don't waste my time no matter what. I have had mixed success with guys with "High" but very good success with guys with "Very High" chance to sway. I still go back to my overall/draft position rule to determine if I even try to sway no matter the chance.

That's a solid rule. Don't attempt to sway a guy back if he's projected to be drafted in rounds 1-3. And 4-7 go ahead and try unless he had some amazing season stats.

jbrew2411 01-14-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSalsa (Post 2046984495)
That's a solid rule. Don't attempt to sway a guy back if he's projected to be drafted in rounds 1-3. And 4-7 go ahead and try unless he had some amazing season stats.

Every year we see guys return to school in real life. A lot if those guys get late draft projections so why not come back to improve your position. So I apply the same thought process to the game. I will let some guys go if I have a younger guy I want to play. I never try to sway QBs, HBs, WRs, or DBs. I do this because those are the easiest positions to recruit freshman ready players.