Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Mobile (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=516)
-   -   N00b Guide to MyTeamMobile 2k15 (/forums/showthread.php?t=828133)

eVizions 02-03-2015 06:37 PM

N00b Guide to MyTeamMobile 2k15

I wanted to put together a quick guide for anyone starting out or unsure how something works. If anything is missing or incorrect, let me know and I'll add/fix it. I've left a few sections/questions blank, so give me a good answer and I'll fill it in. Hopefully this will clear up some of the repeated questions in the other threads. We can put one very good answer on here and then just refer everyone here.

CARDS

What is the proper way to combine cards?
Make sure you fully train both cards you are combining before you combine them. If you don't, your Pro version won't fully max out to its potential.

Does training with already trained cards help?
You will train a card much quicker if you use an already trained card, but it only retains 60% of the trained cards' value.

I accidentally trained away a card I wanted to keep. Is there something I can do about it?
Yes, if you go into Options > Feedback > Send Email, you can send CD an email explaining which card you trained away.

Is there a spreadsheet of all the cards?
Yep, right here

How many rookie cards are there and how do I get one?
There are 7 (Common John Wall, Uncommon Anthony Davis and James Harden, Rare Steph Curry and Paul George, SR Kevin Durant, UR LeBron James). You win them by getting 3 cards with the player silhouette in Daily VC Bonus.

I see people with Finals Spurs cards. How do I get them?
Unfortunately, you can't. These were given to carryover players from 2k14.

What do I have to do to get a decent support card?
Sorry, apos keeps hogging them all. Once the Auction House arrives, you'll find plenty of them available.

How do enhancement slots work?
Every card above uncommon has a set number of enhancement slots, from 1 to 3. You can add either Rare (+5) or Super Rare (+15) enhancements to a card. Rare enhancements are found on the board or as ladder rewards. Super Rare enhancements are only found on the Daily VC Bonus.

When you combine 2 cards, the number of enhancement slots in the pro version is equal to the highest number of slots that the single versions had (so, for example, if you combine cards with 1 and 3 slots, your pro has 3). The glitch here is that sometimes if you combine two 1 slot cards, it will give you 3 slots.

When you fully train a card to its pro version, do previous enhancements have an effect on their stats?
No, the cards are combined as if there were no enhancements on them.

QUICK GAME

Does it matter if I play my cards out of position?
Cards get a 5% boost if they're played in position, so it helps to have them in position, but it's not vital.

RIVALS CLASH

What is the best/most optimized lineup to use for RC?
Generally a 3/2

What is 3/2 and why should I use it?
It means 3 higher level cards and 2 common cards (e.g. 3 Pro Epics and 2 commons). This type of lineup gives you the biggest bang for your buck. It keeps you in a lower tier, but allows you to have 3 impact cards that can compete and, likely, beat the majority of cards you will play against. Since the CPU will most often use their best cards in the first 3 quarters (usually 1st and 3rd quarters), you want to play one of your better cards in the first 3 quarters and the other 2 in the 4th quarter and OT. With the right combination of cards, players can often win 95% or more of their games.

Where is rank...
Go away

Just kidding, we all ask it, but there's no really good way to keep this info up to date. For now, ask in the Rivals Clash Discussion thread

SEASONS

What are the season rewards for:
Star
  • Finals - Champion: 3 Star
  • Finals - 2nd Place: 2 Star
  • Semi-Finals: 1 Star, 1 Legendary
  • Quarter Finals: 1 Star
  • First Round: 2 Legendary
  • Missed Playoffs: 3 Uncommon
Legendary
  • Finals - Champion: 1 Star, 1 Legendary
  • Finals - 2nd Place: 2 Legendary
  • Semi-Finals: 1 Legendary, 1 Epic
  • Quarter Finals: 1 Legendary
  • First Round: 2 Epic
Epic
  • Finals - Champion: 1 Legendary, 1 Epic
  • Finals - 2nd Place: 2 Epic
  • Semi-Finals: 1 Epic, 1 Ultra Rare
  • Quarter Finals: 1 Epic
  • First Round: 2 Ultra Rare

What are the playoff seedings?
First Round:
1 vs 16
8 vs 9
4 vs 13
5 vs 12

2 vs 15
7 vs 10
3 vs 14
6 vs 11

How do I do better in seasons?
With the exception of Star seasons, each tier matches you with other human players that are similar to you. There are 2 common tactics to exploit this:
  1. Use a common bench
  2. Add un-trained cards, then train them after the season has started

What are bots?
Bots are players in a season that aren't tied to an actual account. They were created for the sole purpose of filling seasons. Generally, they are weaker than human players.

How can I tell who are humans and who are bots?
Bots will often play random boosts during a season. They also don't energize during the postseason.

Should I play a season at the top of a lower tier or the bottom of a higher tier (e.g. high Epic vs. low Legendary)?
In general, it's better to play at the highest tier you can qualify for. Even if you don't make it as far, the rewards should even things out.

How are match-ups handled?
Based on your starters and back-ups (not your bench), they will randomly select players to use. They won't use a back-up until they've used the starter ahead of him.

Are match-ups done by positions (C vs. C, PF vs. PF, ect.)?
No

Does playing cards out of position matter in a season?
Yes. First, they will drain stamina faster if they are played out of position. Second, they will not not receive the 5% position bonus.

AUCTION HOUSE

When is the auction house coming out?
Currently unknown

What can't be bought/sold at auction?
RC cards (RC Legendary Dwight Howard, RC Legendary Larry Bird, RC Star LeBron James, RC Star Dennis Rodman, RC Star Kobe Bryant), Record Setter cards, Ladder Reward cards (MJ), Enhancements

Rip4ever 02-03-2015 11:07 PM

Re: N00b Guide to MyTeamMobile 2k15

Pretty sure Paul George rookie is just a Rare card not Super Rare.

Melcho 02-04-2015 12:25 AM

Nice work, wish this guide was around when I started playing, I was a total n00b

vince217 02-04-2015 08:41 AM

thank you for this... much appreciated!

Lefxy 02-04-2015 01:11 PM

Was a very good read.
Didn't know about the whole accidental trained away card thing, will deff have to get in contact with them.

carter104 02-04-2015 04:36 PM

Is there any hidden rules when combining cards?
I've got a 3 slot ultra rare pro Bradley after combining two 1 slot Bradley.
I've also done this for my ultra rare Evans. Or is it just a bug?

shadow2201 02-05-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter104 (Post 2047033858)

I believe the slots are selected at random. Don't believe there is any real way to say how many slots you'll get on a card.

eVizions 02-05-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip4ever (Post 2047032472)
Pretty sure Paul George rookie is just a Rare card not Super Rare.

Fixed this, thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by carter104 (Post 2047033858)

Added the answer to the guide