Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Golf (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Jack's Record Is Safe (/forums/showthread.php?t=828247)

lhslancers 06-07-2015 08:35 AM

Re: Jack's Record Is Safe

Paralysis by analysis. Maybe he ought to just let his swing coach play. And stop with the we crap already.

watergoy 06-07-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhslancers (Post 2047034581)
Looks like Tiger is shot. While he's won a lot of tourneys the past 15 years I think he peaked 15 years ago.

Agreed, I think it is safe to ask whether or not he will win a major on the senior tour if and when he gets there.

Flightwhite24 06-07-2015 01:30 PM

Tough to see my favorite golfer go out like this. He had his time in my opinion and now it's someone else's time. What can't be denied is the guys play. One of the greatest athletes that I've ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BL8001 06-10-2015 10:01 PM

Golf channel showed that Tiger is +51 in all his pga events combined the past 2 years.

Wow.

Seymour Scagnetti 06-11-2015 08:13 AM

I give him one more year. If he continues embarrassing himself then I think he'll just pack it in. He doesn't need the money and it certainly looks like he has lost the passion for the game. These days just making the cut seems to be big news for him. Don't think he wants to go out like that when he hasn't even hit 40 yet.

I know some golfers like to continually fiddle with their swings because they can't help themselves but he was at his most dominant between 1998 and 2002 and then he decided he needed to change his swing. Probably didn't help that he decided to bulk up which limited his flexibility and was another factor in him changing his swing. It became much more violent and cost him his longevity. If you look at his swing back around 2000, it was so much more easy flowing and he was still getting great club head speed. If he kept that swing, I am certain right now he would be at around 18 majors at this point and have a lot of golf left in him because he would be much less injured. Once he bulked up his driving became erratic. Imagine how dominant he would have become if he could keep it in the fairway.

I hope that's a lesson for Rory who seems to be going through the same bulk up routine which is not a great idea for a golfer. Rory is starting to exhibit that same wildness. He'll win a couple of tourneys and then miss the cut in the next 2 because hell have these blow up rounds which seem impossible for a golfer with his talent. Now I expect him him to announce in the next year or 2 that he's changing his swing just to compensate for his body changes.

How many golfers do you really see bulk up as their career progresses? I can't think of any besides Tiger. Some start getting fat around the waist due to age but very few go through a bulk up routine because it doesn't make sense. Then they have to go through swing changes and can easily mess everything up. Going through major swing changes is always a dumb move. Look at Padraig Harrington. He was near the top and was winning majors and then decided he needed to change his swing that he was using his whole life and has been terrible ever since. And that was just a swing change and he didn't bulk up which adds to the confusion.

lhslancers 06-11-2015 07:01 PM

Seymour Woods played his best golf by far under Harmon to be sure. His distance control with his irons was miraculous. But I think that "swing" lead to his knee problems.

Every thing is over analyzed today. Just hit the ball.

Flightwhite24 06-11-2015 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhslancers (Post 2047392538)
Seymour Woods played his best golf by far under Harmon to be sure. His distance control with his irons was miraculous. But I think that "swing" lead to his knee problems.

Yeah should have never cut ties with Butch. They had a good thing going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour Scagnetti 06-11-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhslancers (Post 2047392538)

The story I heard about his knee is that he first injured his knee doing Navy Seal type training, I kid you not. He became fascinated with fitness and bulking up and the training Navy Seals did which I would imagine is due to his father's military background. The knee got progressively worse as a result where he had to have major surgery to correct it in 2008. And after that the injuries started to pile up which probably is partially a result of pushing himself too hard with weight training and other training disciplines as well as that violent swing. Apparently he also suffered an achilles tendon problem as well from his rigorous training to a point where he had to change the style of shoe he wore on the course a few years ago to give his heel better support.

Then of course you have whispers on Tiger's involvement with the Biogenesis scandal and Anthony Bosch. I think's Tiger's obsession with fitness and trying to slow down the aging process ending up doing the exact opposite. He has worn out his body and suffered injuries that could have been avoided and looks like an aging 39 year old golfer out there.