Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Experiment Help- Is Production Age Related (/forums/showthread.php?t=828712)

braves_94 02-08-2015 08:55 PM

Experiment Help- Is Production Age Related

Being that I have a less than month year old daughter, I don't exactly have all the time in the world. But, a post on here about hidden attributes got me thinking. Is there something non-attribute related which affects sims stats? What I did to test was take the Atlanta Braves default roster and put potential, contact, power, clutch, patience, vision... every hitting category except those bunt related, and set it to 99. I simmed a season and looked for patterns in stats. What I did see was that the players who would be in their statical prime years (26-29- Uptons, Gattis, and Johnson) all hit .330 and above. Meanwhile the ones that fell outside that range (Freeman, Simmons, Heyward all 24, and Uggla) all hit .300 to .310.

Can others experiment and see if you get the same variance in age groups? Looks like there a bell-curve built around age which gives their stats a boost.

nomo17k 02-08-2015 09:30 PM

Re: Experiment Help- Is Production Age Related

I don't think there is any (hidden) age-related adjustments to attributes. If there were, then the whole progression system would be meaningless, at least in the current state.

I for one have never seen strong evidence for it through doing the sort of experiment you suggested.

hendelid 02-09-2015 03:14 AM

Re: Experiment Help- Is Production Age Related

good,then the whole progression system would be meaningless, at least in the current state.