Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   sliders for skilled players (penalty sliders explanation) (/forums/showthread.php?t=829280)

rushinplayallgame 02-13-2015 10:56 AM

sliders for skilled players (penalty sliders explanation)

These sliders, I use to make the games like real NFL games, going for basically 3 things.

1)Great teams will usually beat bad teams although terrible teams are still respectable (upsets can happen)
2)Mediocre teams can use matchups to defeat superior teams
3)You need to be elite to go deep in the playoffs

all-madden
12 minute qtr
20 sec runoff
gameplay speed: fast

player sliders
QB ACC: 55
Pass Blocking: 66
WR Catch: 53
Run Block: 26
Fumbles: 37
Pass defense reaction: 5
interceptions: 47
Pass Coverage: 61
tackling: 39

CPU sliders
QB ACC: 75
pass blocking: 100
WR catching: 47
Run blocking: 41
fumbles: 52
pass defense reaction: 2
interceptions: 22
pass coverage: 70
tackling: 36

injuries: 62
fatigue: 57 (should be higher, but causes too tired of an o-line which adds sacks)
threshold: 37

these penalty sliders effect the gameplay I will explain
offsides: 50
false start: 7
holdiong: 29
face mask: 37
d pass interference: 30
o pass interfece: 32
punt catch: 70
clipping: 0
intentional grounding: 100
roughing passer: 49
roughing kicker: 36

ok heres the explanation, what I've found from the penalty sliders
offsides: a high number makes the d-line slower off the snap, a low number makes them faster off the snap
false start: a high number makes the o-line slow off the snap while a low number makes them faster off the snap (for better protection)
holding: a high number makes the o-line less likely to maintain blocks while a low number makes them hold longer
face mask: a high number causes too many penalties while making the defense hit "softer", a low number makes the defense blast the ball carrier (not giving a **** about penalties)
d pass interferec: a lower number makes the dbacks more aggressive
o pass interference: a lower number makes the WR more aggressive
punt catch: higer numbers will cause the defenders to go after the ball carrier while a lower number will cause them to "wait back in their zone" letting the ball carrier come to them
clipping: a high number makes blockers less likely to make a block while a low number will cause them to get to and make a better block, especially on downfield defenders
grounding: a low number causes the QB to hold the ball too long, a high number will make them get rid of it faster
roughing the passer: higher numbers make the d-line less aggressive, while lower numbers will make them blast the QB more often, even after he throws it
roughing the kicker: I don't think it does anything, I just don't want to ever get called for it, cause **** the kicker

QB accuracy at 75, "wtf?" you say? indeed- the reason is the QB will get rid of it faster if he's not stuck with a QB accuracy of 15 (he only throws what he thinks he can complete), bad/mediocre QBs will still throw errant passes, but they will throw it into coverage more often, causing interceptions, which are good.

soo anything to ask or say? not sure if people will try these, I know I said i was done with madden but I had the urge, played 8 seasons devoloping this set with the dolphins, I drafted a QB with easier sliders and decided to make a set where you wouldn't just automatically win if you had a 99overall QB, so that's where these differ from my past sliders, they're hard but you can still win a superbowl, 95-99 QBs dont win a superbowl every year and I didn't want to either, it's boring to go 15-1 or 16-0, I think the goal of football is to get elite players to have a chance to win a superbowl, theres also chance and "luck" that go into it as well, all these things were factored in with these sliders and I can admit i was wrong about penalty sliders not effecting gameplay, they do, so instead of getting the game to call a correct number of penalties (which didn't work anyway), I used them to create a more realistic style of play.

stats, people love stats so here are some.
offense 99 defense 94, year 1 i went 12-4 and lost the superbowl, year 2 i'm 9-3 at the moment. in the most boring test season of my life, I used the bears to go 6-10, what a piece of **** team.

back to talking about my awesome dolphins franchise
I broke a couple records in one game throwing for 603 yards and 8 touchdowns, then 205 yards with 1 TD and 2 picks in the very next game. I ran for 176 yards in one game on 18 carries and then had 22 carries for 68 yards. theres quite a bit of variance.

cpu QB patriots- 29/44 for 294 yards, 3 TD 2 INT, 4 sacks
russel wilson- 22/27 for 254 yards, 2 TD 0 INT, 1 sack
cpu QB chargers- 20/29 for 314 yards, 2TD 1 INT, 5 sacks
cpu QB raiders- 17/30 for 193 yards, 0TD 1INT, 2 sacks (lol i **** in his mouth)
cpu QB ravens- 31/36 for 386 yards, 6TD 3 INT, 0 sacks (**** this guy) (oh yeah I still won this game eat it)

:waytogo:

Neddy_87 02-13-2015 05:48 PM

Re: sliders for skilled players (penalty sliders explanation)

Got some time off so will give these a try later on today. How do user DBS play? I feel my guys just never go for a swat or Int

rushinplayallgame 02-13-2015 10:54 PM

I have a corner who is 97 overall, really good corner, he led the league in picks, but I don't have a lot as a team

TheBuddyHobbs 02-14-2015 02:48 PM

What we want to accomplish to make Madden 15 SIM -
120 plays
250 Passing
63% Completion
110 Rushing
4.3 Average
2 1/2 Sacks
22 Points
Penalties 6-7
2-3 sacks per team.

Does your sliders post realistic stats? The above are an average from all games 2014 season.

tyler28 02-17-2015 09:51 AM

ive been away for a couple of months because ive been content with my sliders. Then something happened I started a new CFM with the cards and was 6-0 and destroying teams on AM. wth. So i decided to come back here to see if anything has been developing and i ran across these. I was looking for a challenge. I just finished my 1st game with these and it was really fun.

I won in OT with the Cowboys vs. 49ers 37-31.

Romo had 403 yds 4td no int. It was hard to pass at first then it opened up in the second half. I could really see the ratings take affect. The 49ers secondary really isnt that good agains 88 and co. i only ran for 75 yards the run d felt right against me.

The 49ers did torch me on the run 280 yds. lots of scrambling by kap. It was awesome to try to defend. im not complaining because he was making good decisions. The high acc and ig seem to be whats key.

I had 6 sacks but it was on a scrambling qb so it wasnt cheese. Kap was 11for 12 passing but ill take it.

Overall i really enjoyed these and could notice it was a lot harder so props on the sliders ill be using these till mlb 15 comes out.