Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Looking for PG advice (/forums/showthread.php?t=829507)

Turbojugend 02-16-2015 12:05 PM

Looking for PG advice

Just to set things up, I've played tons of FUT but very little MT. I'd like to get into this mode and I don't spend actual $$$, I'm fine with whatever I can get through VC/MT.

So far my starting five is...

Ruby Kobe | Rookie Durant | David Lee | Chris Bosh

…and Steve Blake at PG. I've also got Paul Pierce coming off the bench, but I can't seem to find a PG via packs. So my question is, who would be a good (and affordable) PG to fill this position on the auction market? And roughly how much MT coin will I need? Not looking to be competitive online, I just want a decent team to complete challenges/domination/whatnot.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

synistr 02-16-2015 12:11 PM

Re: Looking for PG advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojugend (Post 2047060432)
Just to set things up, I've played tons of FUT but very little MT. I'd like to get into this mode and I don't spend actual $$$, I'm fine with whatever I can get through VC/MT.

So far my starting five is...

Ruby Kobe | Rookie Durant | David Lee | Chris Bosh

…and Steve Blake at PG. I've also got Paul Pierce coming off the bench, but I can't seem to find a PG via packs. So my question is, who would be a good (and affordable) PG to fill this position on the auction market? And roughly how much MT coin will I need? Not looking to be competitive online, I just want a decent team to complete challenges/domination/whatnot.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

what system are u on? ON X1 you can have your pick. Guys like Lowry go for about 2k. Ruby Cheeks is probably the best out there for the price...normally around 4k. And Gold Stock at around 2500. Then you have Lillard, Wall, etc... all for relatively low prices.

One of my lineups I use Ruby Cheeks and Gold Stock....thats a nice combo that you can grab for about 6k total.

Beverly is usually a pretty cheap silver....I like his defense. Ray Mac is a must have for your 3rd PG in case someone gets hurt.....when he is on he is deadly. I was playing the other day and had a decent lead so I decided to give my benchwarmers some play...Ray Mac came in and hit 16 in the 3rd quarter. When playing on stacked teams he usually gets overlooked by the defense and thats when he goes ham.

qwerty521 02-16-2015 12:23 PM

If you want an all round star go for CP3, he's quite cheap.
If you want an offensive beast, get Lillard.
If you want someone aggressive who can slash, get Westbrook.

QNo 02-16-2015 12:37 PM

CP3 is super solid all-around, you'll be able to use him for a long time.

Turbojugend 02-16-2015 12:46 PM

Sorry, should have mentioned I'm on PS4.

So it sounds like quality starting PGs are easy to find on the market for cheap. That's great news! One more question: assuming there is no way to convert VC to MT, what's the best way to earn MT coins? Thanks again! :)

qwerty521 02-16-2015 12:54 PM

If you haven't yet, play through domination, you accumulate some MT and wil get a few decent players aswell. A few challenges give you some MT aswell. Other than that, there is not really anything else you can do.

JG4President 02-16-2015 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojugend (Post 2047060542)
Sorry, should have mentioned I'm on PS4.

So it sounds like quality starting PGs are easy to find on the market for cheap. That's great news! One more question: assuming there is no way to convert VC to MT, what's the best way to earn MT coins? Thanks again! :)

1. Getting through Domination

2. Using your VC to buy packs and then selling the cards you get from those packs for MT.

Happy hunting!

Scramz718 02-16-2015 01:02 PM

Kyle Lowry will be a good fit for your lineup. The CPU dbl teams a ton so once you get Kobe or Durant going the CPU will send them doubles Lowry will knock down them open 3s (88 from the 3). Also has good defensive ratings. You can get him for 1k.
D Will is also a good option. He can do it all on offense. He goes for under 2k.

For challenges you'll need some sliver and bronze guys. I recommend Patty Mills, Calderon, Exum, Reggie Jackson, Schroder and Austin Rivers all theses guys go for under 2k.

XB1