Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   95 spd QB... How to use!? (/forums/showthread.php?t=830023)

cal7_11 02-23-2015 04:07 PM

95 spd QB... How to use!?

Just drafted a 95 speed QB and I'm asking for suggestions on how to use him, playbooks, schemes etc.

I know a lot will say cheese and 'a QB should pass first' and so on but even Vick 03 couldn't run like this guy

LovejoyOTF 02-23-2015 07:36 PM

Re: 95 spd QB... How to use!?

lots of option, play action rollouts and bootlegs. just stuff that will naturally get him moving.

SpyPirates 02-23-2015 07:47 PM

I've found acceleration to be more important at QB than speed, but it'll be interesting what elite ELITE speed can do at the position (i.e. how many breakaway 40 yard+ runs you can get). Even with RG III, I generally just accelerate past the tackle and pick up ~10 yards on a decent play because it's not really possible to outrun DBs.

I imagine his ACC is high as well, but what exactly is it?

To directly answer the question, I think the guy above me has the idea. Specifically read options. Assuming you make the correct read and it's a QB keep, he could potentially get a lot of space to the outside.

WingedLion14 02-23-2015 09:48 PM

The answer is actually rather simple: watch what the Redskins are doing with RGIII, and do the exact opposite. :p

I kid, I kid. But one lesson you can definitely learn from them though: a running QB is no good if he's sitting on the bench. Don't take hits you don't have to, because those tend to be the ones you get your guys hurt on.

cusefan74 02-23-2015 10:57 PM

With a guy like that the first thing I want to know is, what is his throw on the run accuracy? Because you're gonna be moving a lot with him and guys will come open downfield when that happens. My QB has ok speed and I can get out of the pocket but when I throw with him on the move I never know where they are gonna go. One pass will go really high, the next one will be behind my receiver, heck I think one ended up in a different stadium. I was yelling at my QB wondering who he was throwing it too. My wife started looking at me kind of strange. So just think about that when trying to throw on the move.

SpyPirates 02-23-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cusefan74 (Post 2047085423)
With a guy like that the first thing I want to know is, what is his throw on the run accuracy? Because you're gonna be moving a lot with him and guys will come open downfield when that happens. My QB has ok speed and I can get out of the pocket but when I throw with him on the move I never know where they are gonna go. One pass will go really high, the next one will be behind my receiver, heck I think one ended up in a different stadium. I was yelling at my QB wondering who he was throwing it too. My wife started looking at me kind of strange. So just think about that when trying to throw on the move.

lol, basically RG III. Luckily throw on the run is somewhat easy to upgrade.

philliesillest 02-24-2015 04:32 AM

[quote=cal7_11;2047084087]Just drafted a 95 speed QB and I'm asking for suggestions on how to use him, playbooks, schemes etc.

I know a lot will say cheese and 'a QB should pass first' and so on but even Vick 03 couldn't run like this guy[/
do u play mut , do u u wanna trade players? My team is 90 ovr my I'd is philliesillest

cal7_11 02-24-2015 04:51 AM

Ok he is 6' 219 lbs
SAC 91
MAC 92
DAC 80
TOR 93
THP 95
PLA 80

CAR 88
BCV 93
SPD 95
AGI 91
ACC 92
ELU 83
JKM 93

So what you guys think would be playbooks like SF, SEA, WAS??