Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=830668)

My993C2 03-04-2015 12:32 PM

MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Hopefully Russell or one of the other SCEA peeps can chime in here.

Are there any new changes to how "Manage Only Mode" (also known as MoM) game play works in MLB 15 on the PS4 or does it all work the same as it did in MLB 14? Same "Season" or "Franchise" mode games to be able to use MoM, all the same MoM camera views, pretty much all the same MoM game play with the exception of the new player animations and graphics improvements? MoM was not perfect, I would love to see a few things tweaked in it (like pickoffs to 1st base actually working). But as long as MoM on MLB 15 works the same as it did on MLB 14 and no features of the mode were removed, I will be happy. One thing that would be nice to add, but I perfectly understand if it is not in MLB 15 a was to influence directional hitting. It would be nice as a manager to tell the batter ahead of time, "try and hit the ball to one field or the other". But I am sure I am getting ahead of myself here. Due to us "non-button mashing" weirdos being such a minority, there is only so much love we MoM players get from the game. :love:

Russell_SCEA 03-04-2015 01:01 PM

Re: MLB 15 - Manage Only Mode

Quote:

Originally Posted by My993C2 (Post 2047103637)

Are there any new changes to how "Manage Only Mode" (also known as MoM) game play works in MLB 15 on the PS4 or does it all work the same as it did in MLB 14? Same "Season" or "Franchise" mode games to be able to use MoM, all the same MoM camera views, pretty much all the same MoM game play with the exception of the new player animations and graphics improvements? MoM was not perfect, I would love to see a few things tweaked in it (like pickoffs to 1st base actually working). But as long as MoM on MLB 15 works the same as it did on MLB 14 and no features of the mode were removed, I will be happy. One thing that would be nice to add, but I perfectly understand if it is not in MLB 15 a was to influence directional hitting. It would be nice as a manager to tell the batter ahead of time, "try and hit the ball to one field or the other". But I am sure I am getting ahead of myself here. Due to us "non-button mashing" weirdos being such a minority, there is only so much love we MoM players get from the game. :love:

Excatly the same as last year.

Ghost Of The Year 03-04-2015 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My993C2 (Post 2047103637)

I've never played Manage Only; can you call for a bunt?

Knight165 03-04-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year (Post 2047103750)
I've never played Manage Only; can you call for a bunt?

Yes......

I realize it's the same as last year....the only thing I hope they fixed was the CPU never throwing over to 1B for a pickoff.

I will beg for some changes for '16.....and send a plethora of F.D.N.Y. shirts and hats as "swag" bribery.

-choose pitch type and location
-2 player manage only mode(same PS4...I realize online will likely never happen)
-ability to "coach" baserunners and have them take a base or stop
-ability to queue up a pinch hitter....

My top wants....

M.K.
Knight165

raskal67 03-04-2015 02:21 PM

I really enjoy MoM as my go to when I don't play rtts. For some reason I want to control MY guy but have the game control with me managing the OTHER guys.

My993C2 03-04-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA (Post 2047103712)
Excatly the same as last year.

Thanks ...

As much as I wanted to hear "yeah we added this and we did that to the mode", what I really wanted to hear was that nothing was taken away in this years game. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the new graphic sun position changes in MLB 15 as well as some of the new game play situational animations. MLB 14 is a great game, however I am sure my MoM games will only be better with these MLB 15 changes. But please don't forget about us MoM players in future releases. We may be in the minority but we do exist.

- Some sort of direction hitting in MoM would be a great addition in some future MLB release.

- Fixing the pickoffs to 1st would be welcomed.

- Some sort of user vs user local MoM game play would also be nice for those who have two PS4 controllers.

jon1960ca 03-04-2015 06:23 PM

IN MOM, One of my pet peeves was that , when I called for a player to sacrifice bunt, the player would attempt to bunt no matter how bad the pitch was. The pitch could be a mile outside, or high, and the player would still attempt to bunt at the pitch. This would result in guys failing to get the sac down, striking out trying to bunt, or popping up the bunt.

Meanwhile, the CPU player would only, and properly, bunt at strikes, or at least good pitches. They would pull back the bat on bad pitches.

Has this been corrected? I love MOM, and I too wish you could play it head to head, btw.
Why not throw us older, non-button mash guys a bone? There are a LOT of MOM folk out here, SCEA.

capa 03-04-2015 06:33 PM

Would really love to see suggested improvements in MoM next year. We are out here...trust me.

C