Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Stadium Atmosphere (/forums/showthread.php?t=831426)

A_Quiet_Pro 03-13-2015 09:12 AM

Stadium Atmosphere

Did the devs mention if it's possible to have like a playoff atmosphere for the game if you played a play now game in October (Or even in September possibly)... so you dont have to actually play the actual postseason mode if you didn't want to. (Like if you were just in the mood for one game, but wanted to have high crowd activity).

breakfastcat 03-13-2015 12:01 PM

Re: Stadium Atmosphere

Maybe they could just make it so you can edit the number of rounds and and games per series in Postseason Mode. Set both to '1' and there you go. A toggle at select stadium screen for 'postseason atmosphere' would be fine too.

A_Quiet_Pro 03-13-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakfastcat (Post 2047123658)
A toggle at select stadium screen for 'postseason atmosphere' would be fine too.

^^^^^^ yup

Cman9 03-14-2015 02:54 AM

I think they should just implement a rivalry mode kinda like the old college football video games. Say the yanks vs mets play in franchise mode (subway series) , just have the crowd amped up more and maybe have different presentation/commentary/cut scenes for those rivalries, it would be nice to have it in exhibition mode also.

A_Quiet_Pro 03-14-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cman9 (Post 2047124988)
I think they should just implement a rivalry mode kinda like the old college football video games. Say the yanks vs mets play in franchise mode (subway series) , just have the crowd amped up more and maybe have different presentation/commentary/cut scenes for those rivalries, it would be nice to have it in exhibition mode also.

They had a rivalry mode, but SCEA's data shown it wasn't used enough to warrant it remain in the game.

Darkleaf 03-14-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro (Post 2047125098)
They had a rivalry mode, but SCEA's data shown it wasn't used enough to warrant it remain in the game.

Not directed at you but this is why I hate this gen and last gen of gaming. Where do they get this data? Do they take into account the massive amounts of people that play the mode offline? How many houses of brothers, fathers and sons, roommates and gamers without internet? People who love baseball games but dont post feelings about it in online forums? I wouldn't bother with this game online after 10 years its still unplayable.

I dont even sign in when I play the show. I'm sure they have good reasons but a domes roof cannot close for 3 generations of games, 10 years and I cant pause the game go into a menu and open/close the roof but data shows nobody plays rivalry mode? Data shows everyone wants the freaking roofs to close.

tnixen 03-14-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro (Post 2047125098)

I loved rivalry mode and really wish it would come back someday soon!

A_Quiet_Pro 03-14-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkleaf (Post 2047125280)
Not directed at you but this is why I hate this gen and last gen of gaming. Where do they get this data? Do they take into account the massive amounts of people that play the mode offline? How many houses of brothers, fathers and sons, roommates and gamers without internet? People who love baseball games but dont post feelings about it in online forums? I wouldn't bother with this game online after 10 years its still unplayable.

I dont even sign in when I play the show. I'm sure they have good reasons but a domes roof cannot close for 3 generations of games, 10 years and I cant pause the game go into a menu and open/close the roof but data shows nobody plays rivalry mode? Data shows everyone wants the freaking roofs to close.

Even if you played it offline, the data was still sent to SCEA. They get ALL KINDS of data on what's being played, how often, how it's being played, etc... On the other point of the roofs, that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT story. That takes major stadium dev time and major space in memory that just isn't there.