Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Stadium Atmosphere (/forums/showthread.php?t=831426)

JHedges2 03-16-2015 08:55 AM

Re: Stadium Atmosphere

Quote:

Originally Posted by cusefan74 (Post 2047126851)
Not everyone cares about roofs closing in the game. I would rather have them open. I don't think baseball or football should ever be played in a dome. They are outdoor sports, that's where they started and that's where they should be played, outdoors.

Also all baseball and football fields should be grass. No fake stuff of any kind. Although the stuff they have now is better then it used to be, but it should still all be real grass.

THIS THIS THIS!!!! :waytogo: :cheers444

I play as the Yankees and DREAD playing games at 'The Trop'. I would say that I hate the Rogers Centre too--but man they did SUCH a good job of it in '14.

Go Yankees 03-16-2015 12:17 PM

So many excuses for things wrong with the game, there were baseball games with the option to have open or closed stadiums since ps2 era, there has been blowing jersey's in the wind since the original xbox, there has been rainouts in some baseball videogames since 2004 at least, there has been games that have players colide in the outfield, that was on regular nintendo i believe, everyone needs to wakeup to the fact that there are problems and issues with this game, and making excuses for the dev team will not help them move forward, it stalls them out and we are stuck with what they give us, if you want an example of what a baseball game should be like when switching concole gens, remember what madden looked like on ps3 and then a game came out called backbreaker, although it didnt have the best controles it was the "next gen jump" blew madden out of the water graphically, better body physics, all that, what is next gen about mlb 15 the show on ps4 compared to the ps3 version? I think all of this can be fixed with a one time two or three year cycle, where is the next gen engine they are using for this game? Maybe they can hire a secondary team to work on a new engine, just my opinion, i doubt this post will help but maybe wake some people up to somethings they might not have been known about older baseball games, thanks for reading my post.

Factzzz 03-16-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaSLAB (Post 2047128503)
And Y2Y saves was a very very big programming resource eater too. Probably more than any other single feature. I don't think the community understands just how much of a task it was... especially for a studio the size of SDS. Yet they cared enough to get it in for their community.

Also, as far as studio size goes, Shawn mentioned, on the stadium stream, how many stadium designers they have (6) and how long it takes to do one stadium. If you do the math, it's pretty close to 10 a year... on top of maintaining and updating the other 40+ stadiums in the game. So 10 "new" stadiums > than 6 domed versions of existing stadiums + 4 "new" stadiums. And even with the 10 new stadiums this year, the PS4 still hasn't caught the PS3 in number of stadium offerings. It takes time, resources and a very good prioritized plan; which they have, and will come in due time.

You forgot that they also support cross-platform saves across 3 consoles... and support/maintain those 3 versions on a yearly basis, but most here like to focus on what's not there, rather than the groundbreaking things that are. I truly think that's the mentality sometimes "let's watch this footage, and see what we can find wrong, or is this one thing I really wanted still not in", regardless if it's in the best immediate plan forward.

So yeah, not caring has nothing to do with it. Size of the team does, a little. And development cycle is probably the biggest obstacle. If they didn't care, they wouldn't have CD events, or stream dozens of hours of pre-release footage, or even have the presence they do on these very forums. That said, I guess they are over achieving then, since the smallest studio has the biggest presence... then again, not achieving enough for some people.

Spoiler

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

You basically just co-signed what i said. That being, they prioritize other things over retractable roofs.

My post acknowledged many of their well doings, as citing reasons why this dev team size excuse isn't a good one. I did forget cross-platform saves, further proving my point.

And you don't have to tell me that SCEA cares, that's more than evident, but if they "care" enough to get retractable roofs in the game is up for debate. Seems like they "care" about other things more.

As i said, it lies within their priorities, and retractable roofs have been too low on their priorities.

That being said, i assume they have different departments working on different parts of the game obviously. So i guess all the things SCEA has accomplished doesn't really have anything to do with the implementation of retractable roofs.

So i guess, it needs to be a higher priority for whoever works on graphics and stadiums.

geisterhome 03-16-2015 01:27 PM

I hope for 2016 the closed roof versions make it to the top of thier priority list. I really don't need to see a roof closing mid game but to have 2 options to chose from before the game would be amazing.
And I'd rather have that than 10 more Minor League Stadiums, the game isn't called Minor Leauge Baseball afterall.

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog...162997536.html

eremiomania 03-16-2015 01:52 PM

I keep thinking about all the upgrades being completed to Progressive Field currently and how now it'll be out of date in the game for probably 5 years. Like how when they added Heritage Park and the CF bar it took years to get those in the game.

thaSLAB 03-16-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geisterhome (Post 2047129270)
I hope for 2016 the closed roof versions make it to the top of thier priority list. I really don't need to see a roof closing mid game but to have 2 options to chose from before the game would be amazing.
And I'd rather have that than 10 more Minor League Stadiums, the game isn't called Minor Leauge Baseball afterall.

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog...162997536.html

True, but there is this mode (that's kind of big), that's about coming up thru the minor leagues... where you play for 1 of 60 teams, in a stadium. Each of the 30 MLB teams has a stadium. Not so much for those 60 MiLB teams.

You may say, you don't play RTTS, but there are a lot of people who do. And they most likely welcome new minor league stadiums.

bronxbombers21325 03-16-2015 02:52 PM

Retractable roofs would be nice, but it isn't the top priority for me. If it came down to having the new lighting system, vs retractable roofs, I'd take the lighting system every time. Would it be nice to have the retractable roofs in the game? sure, but I can really take it or leave it. I'm in the group that thinks baseball should never be played indoors anyway.

geisterhome 03-16-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaSLAB (Post 2047129421)
True, but there is this mode (that's kind of big), that's about coming up thru the minor leagues... where you play for 1 of 60 teams, in a stadium. Each of the 30 MLB teams has a stadium. Not so much for those 60 MiLB teams.

You may say, you don't play RTTS, but there are a lot of people who do. And they most likely welcome new minor league stadiums.

Love that mode. And that's another reason why I want retractable roofs, cos last time I checked that mode didn't end after you came up through the minors after like 1 or maybe 2 years there, it actually continued for like 15 more years in the MLB...