Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   UVA in 2005? (/forums/showthread.php?t=83233)

Hooby 06-09-2004 03:05 AM

UVA in 2005?

What do you think their rating will be?

I think A- if they believe the hype, Very good B+ if not.

CM Hooe 06-09-2004 03:33 PM

Re: UVA in 2005?

B to B+ on offense, B+ to A- on defense, B- to B on special teams.

If last year is any indication, their RBs will get some love, and they return TE Heath Miller, one of the top TEs in the country last year who, little do people know, put up better numbers across the board than Kellen Winslow II. Other than Miller, the WR corps may be a little suspect, just as it was in the 2004 game. The O-Line should be fine, returning both D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Elton Brown, among others. UVa should also have the capability to be somewhat fast, given the athleticism of QB Marques Hagans and RB Michael Johnson.

On defense, everything should be very solid. The three starters on the D-Line (Canty, Hoffman, Schmidt) have played together now for the better part of two years. Their LBs are just flat-out scary (Blackstock, Brooks, and Parham being the notables). The secondary may be an issue, but I think they'll be better overall than the WRs. Speed shouldn't be a problem on the secondary with the moving of RB Marquis Weeks to safety. I'm interested to see how good frosh CB Philip Brown starts as.

On special teams, PK Connor Hughes will be darn close to, if not above, 90 OVR. As for punting... well, let's just say they might as well not give UVa a punter.

I am a UVa season ticket holder, and those are my opinions.

Lintyfresh85 06-09-2004 03:51 PM

OK, I'm gonna have to agree with much of what Krioniq said, except I think Catterton will be a big time player in the secondary, with Weeks, Hardy, Brown, Franklin and Hamilton. Catterton is the second fastest player on the team besides MJ and he made a huge pick in the CTB. On offense we'll have plenty of speed guys, but overal probably not a ton of high ratings besides Heath, Big E and Wali. On special teams I'll give Hughes probably one of the top 3 kicker ratings in the game and statistically there is no one that can argue that point. As for punter I think Korte(sp) has the inside track. For PR I pray that Hagans gets beaten out at QB because he is one of the best playmakers we have, open field+ Hagans= big plays.

Overal ratings: Offense B Defense A- Special Teams B-

Finally some others are finding this board to help me fight the fight for UVA. For the longest time I have been the only fan on OS but it looks like we are starting to pick up some members to fight against all those other ACC schools. Krioniq where are your seats? I have season tickets as well and I love them.

bobo3 06-09-2004 06:16 PM

Offence: B
Defence: B+
ST: B

Overall B

CM Hooe 06-09-2004 08:53 PM

Superstar, last year they were in Section 519, smack-dab between the goal posts of the south end zone (I think it's the south end zone, I'm easily disoriented ). In any case, I think they are good seats, but I also think any seat's a good seat in Scott Stadium. Got the same tix this year as well.

Hopefully the team lives up to the hype and plays well; my bro thinks that we go undefeated at home. I'm hopeful, but I also don't want to set my hopes too high and be dissappointed... in any case I can't wait for college football season!

GO HOOS!

whipsmart77 06-09-2004 09:28 PM

B+ Overall...book it.

And surprisingly poor DBs :)

Lintyfresh85 06-09-2004 10:06 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Krioniq said:
Superstar, last year they were in Section 519, smack-dab between the goal posts of the south end zone (I think it's the south end zone, I'm easily disoriented ). In any case, I think they are good seats, but I also think any seat's a good seat in Scott Stadium. Got the same tix this year as well.

Hopefully the team lives up to the hype and plays well; my bro thinks that we go undefeated at home. I'm hopeful, but I also don't want to set my hopes too high and be dissappointed... in any case I can't wait for college football season!

GO HOOS!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

I don't know why I just don't trust Hagans.... For one I feel he may be too selfish with the ball and his size scares me. As for my tickets I am in 129 or 219... can't remember But we're about 3 rows from the field and I love the view... infact I don't think there is a bad seat in the entire stadium if you ask me. Man I can't wait for Clemson on a Thursday night and then Miami wow that should be a crazy atmosphere to say the least.

CM Hooe 06-10-2004 09:37 AM

Superstar said:
Krioniq said:

GO HOOS!

I don't know why I just don't trust Hagans.... For one I feel he may be too selfish with the ball and his size scares me. As for my tickets I am in 129 or 219... can't remember But we're about 3 rows from the field and I love the view... infact I don't think there is a bad seat in the entire stadium if you ask me. Man I can't wait for Clemson on a Thursday night and then Miami wow that should be a crazy atmosphere to say the least.

I think that, while Hagans will by no means be as good throwing the ball as Schaub was, the offense won't fall off that much. Hagans, unlike the other QBs, actually has played and won some games. He acutally fared very well against Western Michigan last year, and two years ago almost led us to a victory over Colorado State with a less talented team. His size (or lack thereof) is a legit concern though. I personally am more worried about the DB play.

And you are right, both of those games (Miami and Clemson) will both be electric.