Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Why isn't there anything on First Person yet? (/forums/showthread.php?t=83359)

Slickman 06-10-2004 07:32 AM

Why isn\'t there anything on First Person yet?

I think there is a reason for it, I think they have some special stuff in store for First person but are waiting for a Football Friday or something to show it. Even the previews for the game said nothing about First Person, no media or anything. What do you guys think is up with it?

Goffs 06-10-2004 07:38 AM

Re: Why isn\'t there anything on First Person yet?

Gamespot has 1 clip of first person view and you can tell that they really beefed up the sounds in the trenches

Dark_Lord_Vader 06-10-2004 03:47 PM

I think it is because First Person Football is not that popular of a feature. Most people play in traditional 3rd-person mode anyway. Kinda like how we have not seen anything from the improvements to the Trading Block. It is in there but nobody really cares.

Bacardi151 06-10-2004 03:49 PM

we did learn one thing. You will now be able to switch between FP and the regular view on the fly.

Anaxamander 06-10-2004 03:56 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
Bacardi151 said:
we did learn one thing. You will now be able to switch between FP and the regular view on the fly.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

That's awesome news! That's one of the main things wrong with FPF last year--the fact that it was a separate mode. Wow... I might use it this year for something other than an occasional exhibition game.

sportsgeist 06-10-2004 04:09 PM

You can also progress through your reads by clicking the right analog stick.

I would've played most if not all of my games in FPF if it wasn't for the fact that you had to cycle through the players after every down to get back to the player you had before the last snap. Thats if you didn't like starting at the LB position. I played on the D-line (in real life) so I like starting from there and having to cycle through every play started getting on my nerves.

FPF is the most realistic way to play. If VC installed a player lock feature or at least give you control of the player you had before the snap I'm all in it to win it.

wwharton 06-10-2004 04:14 PM

sg, you could pull the trigger just like in 3rd person and then hold y and use the dpad to switch. that's still a pain in the butt but much quicker than cycling through. my problem with FPF in 04 was mainly that you can't play against someone offline and i got disconnected almost every time before the game even started online.

DLV, give up your cry that nobody plays it. YOU don't play it... just leave it at that.

Dark_Lord_Vader 06-10-2004 04:27 PM

I'l never give it up wwharton. I don't play it and MOST NFL2kers don't play it. FACT!