Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Sam Pham PnR Tips: Attack with the Screener + Use the Correct Freelance (/forums/showthread.php?t=833669)

itchyroll_51 03-23-2015 02:29 PM

Sam Pham PnR Tips: Attack with the Screener + Use the Correct Freelance

Scoring as the ball handler coming out of a pick isn’t as effective as it once was (anyone remember 2K9’s pick and roll dunkfest ?). If we are to dominate with pick and rolls again in 2K15, we need to learn how to properly combine them with the freelance offences available.

In the video below, you will see me using Anthony Davis as the roll-man to produce ridiculous results. From an advance stat point of view, the NBA’s deadliest roll-man in real life is Tyson Chandler. Chandler produces at a point per possession rate of 1.39 every time he attempts a shot out of a pick and roll. By comparison our 2K15 Anthony Davis, playing in Sam Pham’s Roll-Man Offense, was able to produce at a point possession rate of 1.97.

*Our AD scored 47 points out of the 24 times he caught a pass and took a shot via pick and rolls. On top of it all, AD also made 10 assists as the roll-man coming out of picks. AD had a final stat-line of 59 pts and 12 assists on HOF SIM Difficulty.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x4eh2EQmY9g" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-font-charset:78; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS 明朝"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} @page WordSection1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> This offense I have designed is deadly efficient, the secret? Make sure you set your freelance offense to 3-2 Space the Floor when you are planning to pick and fade. Secondly, you need to understand that fading to the side or to the middle makes huge strategic differences. Last note, if you are planning to pick and roll then the freelance offense will need to be switched over to 4-1 space the floor (3-2 works too but it takes more skill and suitable players).

As always, feel free to discuss ^_^

rhein77 03-23-2015 04:00 PM

Re: Sam Pham PnR Tips: Attack with the Screener + Use the Correct Freelance

Nice vid. Checking out more of your vids. Thanx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LorenzoDC 03-23-2015 11:03 PM

Another nice job.

Testing this stuff will get so much better and easier if they allow for freelance adjustment in Coach --> Scrimmage mode for MyLeague in 2k16.

itchyroll_51 03-24-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LorenzoDC (Post 2047151688)
Another nice job.

Testing this stuff will get so much better and easier if they allow for freelance adjustment in Coach --> Scrimmage mode for MyLeague in 2k16.

Yes and No haha Of course I would prefer to have it BUT because we didn't have that feature this year, I was forced to practice in quick matches. That ended up giving me more reps with using it within the flow of a game ^_^ I set it up just like scrimmage too; Blazer Starter vs Blazers bench I use starters one qtr and switch to the bench in 2nd qtr. Awesome way to practice lol

Kodii Rockets 03-24-2015 02:08 PM

Hey Sam, I missed it if you did say something in the video, but is there a way to choose which side the player sets the screen on is that completely arbitrary?

itchyroll_51 03-24-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets (Post 2047153317)
Hey Sam, I missed it if you did say something in the video, but is there a way to choose which side the player sets the screen on is that completely arbitrary?

No no you didn't miss anything ^_^ I haven't discovered how to do it with 100% accuracy so I didn't want to say anything in the video. From the way I see it, i have no control on the initial screen (80% of them sends roller going to middle though); however if I make him re-screen he will set a new one on the opposite side. I will post something in video form once I have something more definitive. AND if anyone knows how to control which side the screener will screen PLZZZZ leave a comment haha LET US KNOW ~ I can't figure this one out >_<

thedream2k13 03-24-2015 03:46 PM

Nice, check your private messages i have a question for you

Kodii Rockets 03-25-2015 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchyroll_51 (Post 2047153530)
No no you didn't miss anything ^_^ I haven't discovered how to do it with 100% accuracy so I didn't want to say anything in the video. From the way I see it, i have no control on the initial screen (80% of them sends roller going to middle though); however if I make him re-screen he will set a new one on the opposite side. I will post something in video form once I have something more definitive. AND if anyone knows how to control which side the screener will screen PLZZZZ leave a comment haha LET US KNOW ~ I can't figure this one out >_<

Yeah, I've been trying to figure something out, I just don't see any logic to it, but I didn't even notice the 80% middle screen part you mentioned though. I've tried ball hand, off ball hand to try to figure out which side it comes on, but I'm coming up with nothing. Hopefully someone is able to solve this mystery. :y220: