Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If... (/forums/showthread.php?t=833671)

AdamJones113 03-23-2015 02:43 PM

You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

What will prompt a purchase or mean missing NHL 16 next cycle? Interested to see people's opinions.

VinceJulien14 03-23-2015 02:46 PM

Re: You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

I will only buy NHL 16 if they fix be a gm mode, since that's all I play. right now it just feels like 'play now' but with standings. also, they have to bring player editing back.
definitely not buying it on release day this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nddurst 03-23-2015 04:36 PM

I have a list of five things that must be present in NHL 16:

1. Defensive tools/skill stick
2. Neutral zone pressure
3. More separation in player ratings & performance (plus add ability to edit)
4. Better goalie mechanics/AI
5. Improved/deeper BaGM

I'll take 4/5 of these things and still be happy. But leave more than two of these out and I'm done with EA NHL. We're in year two for next-gen. There's no excuse for NHL 16 not being a fantastic game.

ManiacMatt1782 03-23-2015 04:50 PM

Online franchises/GM connected already confirmed out. Pretty much a no.

canucksss 03-23-2015 05:53 PM

BaGM offline, player and team differentiations (hate to see that you cannot distinguish players except by their jersey numbers), better game play.....etc ...etc. etc.

In other words, I need to see a very noticable change in 16 before buying. This will be a rent for me just to check personally if they improved or not.

Simple Mathematics 03-23-2015 06:42 PM

I need BaGM improvements and edit player to be back in. If not, I will not buy.

s_mkheidze 03-23-2015 06:50 PM

First and foremost, EA will have to dispense with the cloak and dagger bull**** about the game before I even consider purchasing it. If they repeat the same malarkey that they pulled last year...It's an automatic no.

Feature wise, I need to see that the game AT LEAST, has the same functionality (modes, feature, ETC...) as NHL14.

Gameplay wise, I need to see that they fixed the terrible defensive coverage by the CPU (teammates and opponent)....I shouldn't have to cover the slot 100% of the time as a LWer.....that is what the D-men and centers are for. There are other gameplay issue (of course), but the Dman coverage is my main one.

redsox4evur 03-23-2015 07:29 PM

TBH I think I will being getting 16 no matter what. I skipped out on 15 and I need my hockey fix on next gen. But they should bring back player editing and IMO revamp BAGM. Either make it like 2K's MyLeague or MyGM but I want more control and options. Also create-a-draft class would be nice.