Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K Pet Peeves (/forums/showthread.php?t=833954)

zrohman 03-24-2015 12:40 AM

NBA 2K Pet Peeves

This is a thread to list NBA 2K Pet Peeves. It's not meant to be an attack on 2K itself, mainly cheesers, people who do stupid things, etc.

I'm sure half of you will get offended by my number one.

1: Every online player picks the Cavs, Warriors, or Blazers. I know there aren't that many people from Cleveland or Golden State, and three years ago they would have vaguely gotten played online. I do know there are a ton of BAND WAGON RIDERS who would hate to face a real challenge online. Bottom line is a pet peeve of mine is when people just pick the best teams every time. I just had eight straight people pick Cavs or Warriors on the selection screen. Exited every time.

2: Picking Away Jerseys when you the HOME TEAM. Pick a home Jersey when you're home please.

3: When people complain because they lost and use that as a reason that the game sucks. Vent if needed but we all know your just not good anymore and that's why your pissed.

Ps: This is not a complain about the patch thread. Just pet peeves of 2k that deal with people or cheesers

jenesaispas 03-24-2015 01:33 AM

Re: NBA 2K Pet Peeves

most passes being overhead passes. even if you're 2 feet away from a teammate. it's just damn ridiculous.

Detroitfan4life1993 03-24-2015 03:39 AM

People who refuse to jump on the opening tip off because they think it gives them an advantage to have the ball to start the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

People who pass up an open layup in the paint so they can shoot a jumper from midrange.

Centers in Rec Center who stand out of bounds behind the basket the entire game on offense.

People in Rec/park who always try to guard the guy with the ball instead of their own man

bumpyface 03-24-2015 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrohman (Post 2047151955)
This is a thread to list NBA 2K Pet Peeves. It's not meant to be an attack on 2K itself, mainly cheesers, people who do stupid things, etc.

I'm sure half of you will get offended by my number one.

1: Every online player picks the Cavs, Warriors, or Blazers. I know there aren't that many people from Cleveland or Golden State, and three years ago they would have vaguely gotten played online. I do know there are a ton of BAND WAGON RIDERS who would hate to face a real challenge online. Bottom line is a pet peeve of mine is when people just pick the best teams every time. I just had eight straight people pick Cavs or Warriors on the selection screen. Exited every time.

2: Picking Away Jerseys when you the HOME TEAM. Pick a home Jersey when you're home please.

3: When people complain because they lost and use that as a reason that the game sucks. Vent if needed but we all know your just not good anymore and that's why your pissed.

Ps: This is not a complain about the patch thread. Just pet peeves of 2k that deal with people or cheesers

LOL. Dude, I love this thread. 1. really pisses me off. The problem is, if you kind of have to match up in order to have a chance online. I hate that S... though. Honestly this is why we need lobbies. In 2k games of the past, it didn't matter who you picked in HOF lobby. If you didn't make smart decisions, you took an L. #2. Man, I've had at least 10 instances where my opponent picked like colors when they should have picked a home jersey and I couldn't tell my team from theirs lol.

Rockie_Fresh88 03-24-2015 09:24 AM

The random falling over of my defender .

Loose balls favoring the offense

TonyDanzaFan 03-24-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993 (Post 2047152233)
People who refuse to jump on the opening tip off because they think it gives them an advantage to have the ball to start the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

People who pass up an open layup in the paint so they can shoot a jumper from midrange.

Centers in Rec Center who stand out of bounds behind the basket the entire game on offense.

People in Rec/park who always try to guard the guy with the ball instead of their own man

I refuse to jump because I simply never win the tipoff and many times I'll be te one to tip the ball and it goes to the other side and I still don't get the ball in the third or second because it registers as the other side getting it so I stopped bothering since it's a lose lose for me.

The 24th Letter 03-24-2015 11:31 AM

Players who literally think they can't lose without it being because of a game play flaw or the their opponent somehow being given an unfair advantage over them...

jenesaispas 03-24-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88 (Post 2047152608)
The random falling over of my defender .

Loose balls favoring the offense

MY GOD this is a good one. on another forum we call it the 'bowling pin' effect. so sick of that crap.

im also incredibly sick of bail out foul calls. its usually when the shot clock is doing down and you've played good defense for 21 seconds. the opponent rushes a shot and you contest well and all of a sudden.. FOUL. absolutely hate it