Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   NHL 16: Upcoming Potential Rule Changes And How They'll Impact the Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=834184)

RaychelSnr 03-24-2015 11:00 AM

NHL 16: Upcoming Potential Rule Changes And How They'll Impact the Game

The NHL always seems to be reviewing new ways to create offense, reduce injuries and increase excitement for fans, and this off-season looks to be no exception. The general managers of all 30 NHL teams usually table various ideas, and those ideas are mulled over by the NHLPA and the “competition committee.” If both sides can find agreement, the league ratifies the new rules and usually implements them for the next season.

There are three big ideas that are getting traction this year, including a modified overtime format to reduce shootouts, a challenge system for controversial plays and a revamp of the all-star game to provide more excitement for fans. All of these would be interesting to see reflected in NHL 16, but depending on how elaborate some of this gets, it might be something that has to be patched in.

Read More - NHL 16: Upcoming Potential Rule Changes And How They'll Impact the Game

snc237 03-24-2015 11:26 AM

Real life 3 on 3 would be awesome. Heck I would like the NHL to go 4-4 instead of the 5-5. The game is so much more fun to watch 4-4. However in video game terms this will be one heck of a gong show. However is really good at carrying that puck and skating around is going to love it. Lots of easy goals

jayman504 03-24-2015 12:07 PM

WORK on getting the BASIC'S right first before venturing into new territory! EASHL should be your main focus along with fixing gameplay aspects first.

Just my two cents!

Simple Mathematics 03-24-2015 12:19 PM

Re: NHL 16: Upcoming Potential Rule Changes And How They'll Impact the Game

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayman504 (Post 2047152970)
WORK on getting the BASIC'S right first before venturing into new territory! EASHL should be your main focus along with fixing gameplay aspects first.

Just my two cents!

EASHL and BaGM.

Eyeman79 03-24-2015 02:26 PM

As far as 3-on-3, since it is already in use in the AHL and since we were PROMISED a return to season play in the other leagues, you would assume it's already going to be there.
Coaches challenge might be difficult to implement as was stated, As far as the All-star Game I haven't played an all-star game in a video game in my life, so couldn't care less.

Scribe1980 03-24-2015 02:49 PM

NHL series has lost me until further notice.

dovuto86 03-24-2015 03:29 PM

They need to address the passing system once the puck is in the opposing teams zone and the goalie interference calls are way too frequent

tril 03-24-2015 05:30 PM

they want offense in hockey, get rid of offside when their are defensive players in the offensive zone. and get rid of that off-sides 2 line pass.