Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   CPU Trade Logic (/forums/showthread.php?t=838185)

daddies3angels 04-02-2015 08:24 PM

CPU Trade Logic

I know there been a lot of talk about this in past years games but its still broken. I like to sim and play GM a lot. Well I just did 3 yrs and I had to stop cause of the trades I saw happening. In offseason going into 2016 MIA trades Jose Fernandez for Matt Cain. Oh it gets better. Not even 1 month in SFG then flips Fernandez for Trout!. Then MIA flips Cain for Anibel Sanchez in June. Wainwright got traded for Alex Wood. Yes they fixed the 3-1 crazy trades for people but these Stars for Stars trades are really annoying. Oh yea also saw Strasburg for Felix. I play as Cubs and I got offered Stanton for Lester and then Sale for Baez. Has to be way that CPU can stop trading Stars. Stars rarely get dealt in MLB. And to have Star for Star deal after deal being done is ruining franchises.

ASB37 04-02-2015 08:27 PM

Re: CPU Trade Logic

I've seen the red sox trade Joe Mauer for some prospect in my carry over 2017 save, they just signed Mauer in the offseason and traded him 10 games into the season.

Also saw the White sox trade chris sale for some other star pitcher.

Trade logic is definitley messed up.

daddies3angels 04-02-2015 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASB37 (Post 2047187494)
I've seen the red sox trade Joe Mauer for some prospect in my carry over 2017 save, they just signed Mauer in the offseason and traded him 10 games into the season.

Also saw the White sox trade chris sale for some other star pitcher.

Trade logic is definitley messed up.

Yea players signed in FA and being traded in 1st year bugs crap out of me to. Martin gets dealt out of TOR every sim I have done in first 2 months. I know trade logic been issue forever and wish that get fixed over worrying about shadows being set in perfect spot. To me that so much more important. Don't get me wrong I love the game and give it 9.5 but Trade Logic always the biggest problem to me. For guy who loves to sim and build a team these trades just ruin it.

johntait1 04-02-2015 09:42 PM

Hmm, I heard star for star trades was also a problem in NBA 2K or something. I guess its a bit better than before where it was like 1 RP for 2 or 3 A prospects. I thought the main thing they tried to fix was the lopsided trade logic and how users could easily exploit it. While the trades certainly may not be realistic, it seems a bit better than totally lopsided ones. Plus, I feel like it would be hard to allow users to trade for other stars(I think some users would want to do so) if they take out star for star trades. Also, couldn't you just fix it with 30 team control?
I know that SCEA should be working on it and we shouldn't have to rely on stuff like 30 team control, but they do have a limited amount of time so if they spent a ton of time on this they might not be able to add other features. I'd guess it would be pretty hard to fix something like this if even NBA 2K(one of the most polished sports video games) has this issue. :cheers:

JayD 04-02-2015 09:59 PM

I have seen teams trade away players they just signed in the off season but other than a few "eh" trades, I would say it's ten times better than it has been.

extremeskins04 04-02-2015 09:59 PM

So it's back to 30 team control again?

WaitTilNextYear 04-02-2015 10:07 PM

I'm not sure what you guys expected. Trade logic has been awful in this game since the beginning. Just because they mentioned "improved trade logic" on the fact sheet doesn't mean my expectations were high. You figure if SCEA knew how to fix it or if it were an easy fix, the fix would have happened years ago. They might say it's just not a priority, but I just think they don't really know how to fix the issue.

And please spare me from the "crazier trades than these happen irl" stuff. Yes, this past off season was wild irl, but the stuff being described in this thread absolutely does not happen irl.

I'd suggest you guys just bite the bullet and go 30-team control if it bugs you that much. Bad trade logic is not a new issue, even though this star-for-star 1-for-1 deal thing is relatively new.

johntait1 04-02-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear (Post 2047187808)
I'm not sure what you guys expected. Trade logic has been awful in this game since the beginning. Just because they mentioned "improved trade logic" on the fact sheet doesn't mean my expectations were high. You figure if SCEA knew how to fix it or if it were an easy fix, the fix would have happened years ago. They might say it's just not a priority, but I just think they don't really know how to fix the issue.

And please spare me from the "crazier trades than these happen irl" stuff. Yes, this past off season was wild irl, but the stuff being described in this thread absolutely does not happen irl.

I'd suggest you guys just bite the bullet and go 30-team control if it bugs you that much. Bad trade logic is not a new issue, even though this star-for-star 1-for-1 deal thing is relatively new.

I'm not really trying to argue that crazier things have happened. I'm just trying to say that it is technically improved from that past, and that to totally fix the problem would probably require too much time.