Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Onyx Kobe users: how can you stand him? (/forums/showthread.php?t=838966)

jbandy10 04-08-2015 08:58 AM

Onyx Kobe users: how can you stand him?

The most annoying release in the game for me. Too fast to actually time by sight. Too slow to just tap the button. He also misses tons of shots he should be making. Just overall a very bad shooter and not even a great finisher at the rim considering his stats.

Any advice?

kabamaru 04-08-2015 09:53 AM

Re: Onyx Kobe users: how can you stand him?

Sell him, get the ruby one, have hundrends of thousands savings

So Steezyy 04-08-2015 11:24 AM

I can see why a lot of people don't like his release but I love it.

Hyoranzo 04-08-2015 12:06 PM

Kobe does well in my of my games. If he doesn't then Richmond and Jordan takes his place. I agree on his shooting that he doesn't make a lot of the shots that he's supposed to make. 90+ mid and 90+ 3 but he does have a lot of cold spots and a volume shooter. Maybe that's why.

I will never sell him because I actually pulled him from a throwback thursday pack. Basically my trophy.

messiahcomplex 04-08-2015 12:32 PM

The release is when the ball reaches his head and bends his knees. Simple.

MDL2JC 04-09-2015 11:58 AM

Man OYNX Kobe be killing it for me, I wish I could find out what the release is so I can change it on my regular roster. I love that shot he rarely misses a shot he literally carries my team on his shoulders.

AdmiralAckbar 04-11-2015 02:38 AM

I've played with both Ruby Frobe and Onyx Kobe and I can definitely tell the shot animation on the onyx version is quicker. It took me quite a while to get Ruby Frobe's shot down and now that I have the onyx version, it's easy for me.

Lucretius8 04-19-2015 08:11 PM

I was all excited after picking up Onyx Kobe last night on the AH after all the locker codes were being redeemed. My Kobe era lasted less than 24 hours. Couldn't shoot with him at all. AT ALL. Gave me a headache and I was like screw it, sold him and took a loss. Went back to gold Kobe, who's still money as ever.