Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Diamond Dynasty (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530)
-   -   What should my next move be? (/forums/showthread.php?t=841279)

jobylovelamp 05-01-2015 01:38 AM

What should my next move be?

I'm ready to get a new player or so. Finally sold all the extras I had from packs when I first started. I have 83k in stubs. Here is who I have right now...

Who should I get? Who should I ditch/sell? Let me know what you guys think!

Rotation:
SP Clayton Kershaw (99)
SP Nolan Ryan (98)*
SP Felix Hernandez (97)
SP Max Scherzer (94)
SP Adam Wainwright (93)

Bullpen:
RP Danny Farquhar (81)
RP Ryan Cook (80)
RP Joaquin Benoit (81)
RP Neal Cotts (81)
RP Charlie Furbush (82)
RP Pat Neshek (83)
CP Aroldis Chapman (91)

Lineup:
CF Mike Trout (99)
2B Robinson Cano (95)
3B Adrian Beltre (93)*
C Jumbo Berry (99)**
LF Ted Williams (99)*
RF Dave Winfield (96)*
1B Fred McGriff (92)*
SS Ozzie Smith (90)*
P RANDOM PITCHER

Bench:
1B Victor Martinez (85)*
1B Harmon Killebrew (90)*
2B Dustin Pedroia (92)*
LF Michael Brantley (87)*
CF Kenny Lofton (88)*

Notes:
*Card can't be sold
**Created player

MrOldboy 05-01-2015 01:42 AM

Re: What should my next move be?

Your team is beyond stacked already, at least your lineup and starting pitching. I'd say find a solid utility player in case you want to pinch hit for say Ozzie Smith. Or you can just stick Pedroia at SS in situations like that and take the 40% ratings hit.

jobylovelamp 05-01-2015 01:45 AM

Yeah, the Ozzie is a nice player at the bottom of my lineup. He's mostly there for the fielding aspect. However, I was considering Tulo, but I'm not sure. Ozzie would go to the bench and I would probably take Killebrew out.

MrOldboy 05-01-2015 02:24 AM

If you replace Ozzie, don't put him on the bench. IMO the bench in DD is only useful for extra offense, pinch hitting for pitchers, or countering left/right platoon disadvantages. You won't have Ozzie in long enough for his defense to matter. Injuries are so infrequent that if they are good hitters you can get by with only one player at each position. I've only had one injury and it was to my starting pitcher.

SS defense is very valuable though, I'd be hesitant to replace him. The only two positions where defense really matters in DD is catcher and SS. Any outfielder can drop fly balls even my 99 rated DD player, but only really good SS's can get to ground balls up the middle which are a really common hit type this year.

jobylovelamp 05-01-2015 02:45 AM

Great points, I appreciate the input!

cts50 05-01-2015 04:53 AM

Play a different game mode.

You have done just about everything you can do with diamond dynasty.

You must have put a ****load of money into that roster. lol

jobylovelamp 05-01-2015 05:12 AM

Not really. Just $100. I don't understand why people think it's a crime/funny that people pay money for this game. It happens more than you think. Same concept as Ultimate team and all the other fantasy team modes out there. Obviously my team isn't complete, because it's only a 91 overall. I was just asking for friendly suggestions on my team, not asking for people to tell me to quit spending money on it and quit the game mode completely. Want to be a jerk, do it somewhere else.

Matt1108g 05-01-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobylovelamp (Post 2047271943)
Not really. Just $100. I don't understand why people think it's a crime/funny that people pay money for this game. It happens more than you think. Same concept as Ultimate team and all the other fantasy team modes out there. Obviously my team isn't complete, because it's only a 91 overall. I was just asking for friendly suggestions on my team, not asking for people to tell me to quit spending money on it and quit the game mode completely. Want to be a jerk, do it somewhere else.

I'm not criticizing you spending money- because I have spent money too. I think he was implying you don't even need to upgrade anyone. You already have many of the best players in the game at each position. To answer your question, if you want o add a player, who the hell are you gonna replace? Trout? Cano? Beltre? I use Simmons at SS and I couldn't be happier. He isn't the best hitter, but still makes decent contact (more than Ozzie), and his defense is almost on par.

I had a bunch of diamond players and golds, mostly through way too many packs, but also some money spent. I sold most of them, now my lineup is 2 golds, 3 silvers, 2 legends... and it's much more fun.