Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Mobile (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=516)
-   -   [Official] Playoff Update Notes (/forums/showthread.php?t=841531)

brad_nicholson 05-04-2015 03:19 PM

[Official] Playoff Update Notes

S’up.

Today’s a pretty big day for us. A big, fat chunk of the most exciting stuff we’ve been working on behind the scenes is now available in the latest update to myNBA2K15. The update (which was cleverly dubbed Update 7 internally because we’re good at naming stuff) introduces the Playoff tier to the game. It also ushers in a brand new social experience, so you and your friends can connect and chat while playing.

There are a couple of finer points to the update, which I’m sure you’ll want to hear about but first let’s just go through the “official” list:

+ Season Chat – In Seasons, you can now chat with the players you’re up against. Want to let someone know that you’re the best? You can totally do it.

+ Friends – You can now import your PSN, Facebook, Game Center and Google+ friends into the game – and check out their top card.

+ Bulletin Board Improvements – One of the issues with running a live service is that you often need to post multiple messages at a time. Our old Bulletin Board service wasn’t good at that, so we added tabs to the format (basically). Now, you can view multiple Board messages at a glance.

+ New MyCards UI – Cards are now listed on the bottom of the myCards UI, which allowed us to bump up the card limit to 150.

+ Card Lock – Protect your cards by locking them. When locked, you can’t sell, delete or train them.

+ Playoff Tier – We’ve introduced a host of new cards themed around this year’s NBA playoff teams. We’ve plucked two of the best players on each team and visualized them as cards. We have plans to keep adding cards to fill out the tier.

+ The Greats – As a sub-set of the Playoff tier, The Greats represent the best of the best, both in-game and in the real-life NBA. This is a set of 44 cards that you can purchase in packs or win in RC or RTGs.

Pretty beefy update, right? Here are some of the finer points I teased earlier:

Playoff Cards are balanced differently than other tiers. Sure Offense rules in MyNBA2K15, much like it does in the modern NBA, but the Playoff tier is balanced so all five stats are competitive with each other. In other words, a middle-of-the-road Offense stat will not beat the highest Defense stat anymore

Season rewards for Star tier have not changed. On the flip-side, we’ve introduced a brand new Playoff tier to participate in. First place and second place contenders will each win a Playoff card + credits. 3rd round and 4th round contenders will both earn HOF cards, with the former receiving credits. We think this change will propel people out of Star tier, which has suffered a bit of clutter.

MVP cards can now be auctioned. If you’re looking to make some upgrades in order to bust into Playoff tier, you can start by grabbing some MVP cards from the Auction House.

I’m sure there’s a host of questions, so fire away. And, hey, go download the update. We can’t wait to see who your first pull in the Playoffs is.

brad_nicholson 05-04-2015 03:19 PM

Re: [Official] Playoff Update Notes

Wanted to shoot you guys a note about the timing. Right now, we're rolling out the Apple build and we're currently re-submitting the Android build. In the next few hours, the update will be available for everyone. PLEASE NOTE: during this period where we're trying to get our builds synced, new features will be turned off. So, if you pulled the update already that's why your game isn't acting quite right.

yiy1156 05-04-2015 03:25 PM

So the maintenance will go on for hours? Uh-oh...

brad_nicholson 05-04-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yiy1156 (Post 2047279547)
So the maintenance will go on for hours? Uh-oh...

VIDEO GAMES.

warras007 05-04-2015 03:26 PM

Can you talk about new packs and how much they will cost? Also minimums or maximums for POs on ah? Any changes to AH prices in other tiers??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warras007 05-04-2015 03:27 PM

Btw, very nice job on stat rebalancing. It should have been like that from the beginning. Can't wait!!

Souf sia 4 lia 05-04-2015 03:33 PM

Love that you guys listened on the stat balancing. This will be the best update yet

RatchetRaindrop 05-04-2015 03:36 PM

Super hyped. Android build will go live in a couple of hours I assume?