Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   What Features Should Sports Games Borrow From One Another? (/forums/showthread.php?t=842244)

RaychelSnr 05-13-2015 03:51 PM

What Features Should Sports Games Borrow From One Another?

With the year's cycle of sports games starting to come in full effect, it's apparent that we'll likely go one more year without the "perfect" sports title. That is perfectly OK, of course. There hasn't been a perfect game up to this point and it's reasonable to assume there won't be one for a while. Collectively, however, there's enough to draw from each individual title to make something great. For instance, what if Madden had a coaching carousel mode similar to College Hoops 2K8 and NCAA Football 2014? Or maybe if Rory Mcllroy PGA Tour had The Golf Club's intricate course design? These are all things that are easy to fantasize about, but just as easy to shove aside as things that will never happen. But why can't they? There is no reason why games should be so afraid to borrow from another series. With that said, here are a few features that games would be shrewd to obtain.

Read More - What Features Should Sports Games Borrow From One Another?

SHAKYR 05-13-2015 04:19 PM

Depth! Presentation, Creation modes, Tendencies, realism, atomsphere. MLB: The Show and 2K; some of 2K's features because they took a backstep on some features.

bxphenom7 05-13-2015 04:26 PM

I used to like Madden's team relocation feature, and MVP's stadium builder. I wish all sports games included these. Stadium creation would add to "ultimate team"-like modes and owner/franchise modes.

In terms of presentation, it shouldn't take a license to have good presentation. They just have to do to what they would do with a license without the network license. Not difficult.

rtkiii 05-13-2015 04:56 PM

NFL2k15 Weekly Wrap-up show. That really pulled you into the season.

huntt26 05-13-2015 05:06 PM

Every sports game needs TeamBuilder-type features. Build a team, build a stadium, build a uniform, etc all on a website. Then enjoy in game.

Ghost Of The Year 05-13-2015 05:14 PM

Re: What Features Should Sports Games Borrow From One Another?

I really wish Madden & NBA2K would take a page from the Show as far as creating historical rosters go.
I wish the Show would go as deep into customisation as OOTP does.

malky 05-13-2015 06:26 PM

The Show's FRANCHISE SAVE ---

And of course NFL2K5--- stilll waiting for someone to copy a ten year old presentation that should be in all games.

Vermin 05-13-2015 06:36 PM

The Dual-presentation aspect is definitely interesting. I would love to see (though cost and logistics make this unlikely) at least team-specific broadcast graphics, even if the commentary remained the same. Why stop at CBS and ESPN? How about WGN for Cubs home games? Fox Sports for Tigers, Royals, etc? Or Sportsnet coverage of the Blue Jays?