Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience? (/forums/showthread.php?t=843252)

illiterateoption 05-25-2015 01:09 AM

Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtmHAejm9GQ

Madden seems to be recycling their "total control passing" feature - first rolled out for Madden 2006, Madden 13...and now Madden 16.

Do you think this sort of 'recycling' approach will lead to a better football experience? Do you think Madden 16's total control passing will differ from the previous iterations we saw with Madden 06 and 13?

I'm not sure what to expect...thought it would be interesting to get the OS community's take on it.

roadman 05-25-2015 01:59 AM

Re: Recycling of features-will this lead to a better experience?

As long as it's much better than the first few times, sure, why not.

If not, here we go again.....

CM Hooe 05-25-2015 02:32 AM

I think there's a significant difference between "recycling" and "reimplementation" that is ignored in the topic question.

The JareBear 05-25-2015 04:04 AM

I agree there's a difference, but I'm not sure it's a significant one.

I feel like it's a little late in the game to have to market "realistic inaccurate passes" one year, then "total control passing" the next. I feel the first one should be a given, I mean imagine an NBA game having to market "misses free throws" as a feature. The second one is something that's been in football games for over a decade.

I feel like this is a gripe with the Madden series that is pretty justified and not just propaganda. It does seem, in my opinion, to happen quite a bit.

I remember when NCAA 12 came out it had the best representation of zone coverage I have ever seen in a football game. Defenders even actively passed off assignments to each other. It was a triumph. Then it was gone....Kaiser Soze status. Just like it never happened. Fast forward a couple years and we start hearing about "improved zone coverage/logic" again.

I feel if they really want to improve the experience they need to really tackle the legacy issues and just completely flesh out the gameplay.

If I remember correctly, the issue with "total control passing," as it appeared before, was you could change any route, on the fly, with perfect accuracy and the WR would react as soon as the ball left the hand as if he knew where it was going the whole time.

Sounds like this year its based more on throwing to a target around the WRs frame, like in 06. That's cool, for sure, but they really need to address ball trajectory as well if they want to make the passing game feel right

illiterateoption 05-25-2015 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CM Hooe (Post 2047339865)
I think there's a significant difference between "recycling" and "reimplementation" that is ignored in the topic question.

Ok - what's the difference (rhetorical question)?

EA installed total control passing in 06 and 13, and is using the terminology (verbatim) from promotions of total control passing from 06 and 13 for the marketing in the upcoming 2016 version - how can you be sure this isn't a recycling job rather than a "reimplementation?"

Until we see new verbiage (or video evidence) that differentiates Madden 2016's promoted total control passing from the previous iterations (2006/2013) - I think its safe to put this item in the recycling bin until we see or hear something indicating otherwise.

illiterateoption 05-25-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JareBear (Post 2047339959)

Then it was gone....Kaiser Soze status. Just like it never happened. Fast forward a couple years and we start hearing about "improved zone coverage/logic" again.

I feel if they really want to improve the experience they need to really tackle the legacy issues and just completely flesh out the gameplay.

KAISER SOZE...nice!

I agree 100 - flushing out the core legacy issues is or should be priority #1. Unfortunately I believe for Madden - the recycling of features or "reimplementation" is the first priority...this approach cripples the overall experience and removes polish from the final product.

4thQtrStre5S 05-25-2015 09:39 AM

I am still waiting for the the realistic inaccuracies...

SolidSquid 05-25-2015 09:40 AM

Please recylcle or reimplement the vision cone. It's the only way to actually make passing feel more difficult in a realistic way.