Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Jason Kidd=best PG (/forums/showthread.php?t=843331)

GeneralsHockey 05-25-2015 03:38 PM

Jason Kidd=best PG

Picked up an Onyx Jason Kidd for 83K 33 Gold badges and I have to say he's the best point guard in the game, he can just do anything and finishes at the rim and he is so good on defense, I've played 4 games with him and have at least 2 steals, I dont understand the hate around here for him, thoughts?

Readysetdiego 05-25-2015 04:46 PM

Re: Jason Kidd=best PG

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey (Post 2047341103)
Picked up an Onyx Jason Kidd for 83K 33 Gold badges and I have to say he's the best point guard in the game, he can just do anything and finishes at the rim and he is so good on defense, I've played 4 games with him and have at least 2 steals, I dont understand the hate around here for him, thoughts?

Hes the best defensive PG hands down, but overall I still prefer Diamond Lillard over him. He was a beast when I used him for like 20+ games, even had a triple double with steals.

He doesn't play like he should because 2K copied and pasted his last seasons tendencies which hinder his driving and shooting abilities to an extent. But he is def one of the best PG's in the game hands down.

QNo 05-25-2015 05:25 PM

Kidd is great but it's hard to take him over Onyx Oscar and Magic. I'd say he's the best all-around PG after those two. He's basically a slightly worse version of Oscar – a bit shorter, worse finisher, worse postgame, worse hands, worse shooter, slightly quicker but can't jump or dunk, much worse rebounder. The only meaningful stats he's clearly better at is 98 instead of 89 lateral quickness and 99 vs 72 steal. Neither player has a particularly great release, Kidd's is very ugly while Oscar's is slow. But Oscar's pull-up release is much quicker and I prefer his to Kidd's on wide open shots.

Seems to me that the debate between Magic and Oscar is largely preference, so Kidd being a worse version of Oscar makes him #3 in my book. Diamond Lillard is also amazing, but his defense is lacking, especially against bigger guards like Oscar and Magic. Both are able to defend Lillard pretty well while being able to score on him at will, so I can't choose Lillard over either even though he's one of my favourite players in this game.

GeneralsHockey 05-25-2015 06:00 PM

I guess it's a matter of personal preference but I had Onyx Big O and wasn't a fan, I sold him after 4 days because he just wasnt what I expected.

Dengness9 05-25-2015 08:00 PM

ive never thought of using him but i also never thought about how filthy his defense could be....

Readysetdiego 05-25-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dengness9 (Post 2047341748)
ive never thought of using him but i also never thought about how filthy his defense could be....

2 red rings on D for him = RIP CITY

had over steals with him in a game and got a triple double that way

Scramz718 05-25-2015 08:53 PM

It comes down to preference. I used most of the top tier PGs. Only ones I haven't use are PD Curry, PD Thomas, ONXY CP3 and young Magic (I used the ruby one tho).
Kidd is great, he has nice dribble animations, he's a elite defender, he finishes well at the rim but he doesn't has the best release. Kidd does a lot well but offensively he's a lot harder to take games over with compared other top PGs.

Curry, Nash, & Kyrie can dominate from the perimeter.
Big O & Magic can dominate from the post.
Rose, Westbrook & Wall can dominate on the drive.
Kidd really can't dominate offensively. Defensively he's the best but in RTTP offense win games, sad but true.

IMO ONXY Big O is the best PG
My favs to use are Ruby Kyrie & Wall

XB1

GeneralsHockey 05-25-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scramz718 (Post 2047341906)
It comes down to preference. I used most of the top tier PGs. Only ones I haven't use are PD Curry, PD Thomas, ONXY CP3 and young Magic (I used the ruby one tho).
Kidd is great, he has nice dribble animations, he's a elite defender, he finishes well at the rim but he doesn't has the best release. Kidd does a lot well but offensively he's a lot harder to take games over with compared other top PGs.

Curry, Nash, & Kyrie can dominate from the perimeter.
Big O & Magic can dominate from the post.
Rose, Westbrook & Wall can dominate on the drive.
Kidd really can't dominate offensively. Defensively he's the best but in RTTP offense win games, sad but true.

IMO ONXY Big O is the best PG
My favs to use are Ruby Kyrie & Wall

XB1

Once you learn his form he isn't that bad, it took me a game to get used to it an after I havent had gripes since, I agree though, Ruby Kyrie was unreal for me