Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops? (/forums/showthread.php?t=844633)

DustinT 06-08-2015 12:45 AM

Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

Spike Lee is going to take NBA 2K16 to another level with his inclusion in the game’s MyCareer story mode. Story is everything, after all.

My Career is going to follow the world of your player (Ronnie 2K has confirmed “Frequent Vibrations” is not your only option) as he continues his hoops journey in high school. That sounds great, but what’s the real underlying question here? NBA rules state that a player cannot jump straight to the pros.

All three of the covers released for 2K16 feature the star from their college days: Steph Curry at Davidson, Anthony Davis at Kentucky and James Harden at Arizona State. Could college hoops, after eight years and one console generation, be returning to the PlayStation and Xbox?

There’s also the potential of walking in Emmanuel Mudiay’s footsteps, and playing overseas after high school.

Either way, with the option to play overseas or choosing the length of your college career, simulation would be taken to the next step for sure. And Spike Lee is definitely the kind of guy that could make this happen.

Here’s to College Hoops. I hope.

VDusen04 06-08-2015 12:52 AM

Re: Could NBA 2K16 be Implementing College Hoops?

I struggle to even fathom how college hoops could somehow be involved but there's absolutely no denying of the authentic college representations on each of the three covers.

Initially, with 2K's Euroleague rights, I kind of figured it'd be a Brandon Jennings linear storyline type of thing that takes a player overseas for a year before entering the draft.

But with the "choose your story" and the college cover representation, I admit I'm intrigued.

RyanLaFalce 06-08-2015 01:07 AM

would we have heard about this though?

Taer 06-08-2015 01:15 AM

Don't read too much into cover art.

Sure, the covers do show the stars in their college uniforms; it feels more like a "great moment" in the star's life type of thing to me.

I don't know what the story Spike Lee will have us star in. I will say from the little he stated it reminded me of an AI type of story.
  • High school Phenom gets in trouble due to some life altering event
  • player experiences highs and lows involving family, money, fame and fortune.
I also actually think that Spike Lee will provide a decent story. I just don't know if that story will be guided like a roller-coaster or as open as a sand-box. I suspect the former rather than the latter but will be happy if it is a sand-box type of story.

swiftkid 06-08-2015 01:21 AM

reaching... if any of that is the case, then sports game of the year.

dirk.93 06-08-2015 01:27 AM

I'm praying for this...ability to choose Euroleague or College

2_headedmonster 06-08-2015 01:36 AM

i have to admit... considering the available evidence its not a terrible conclusion.

ItsJustaGame 06-08-2015 03:15 AM

I couldn't care less about the story tbh, just make sure the servers are stable and turn down all the online bs and I'll be first in line to buy. But the offline story? There's a 99% chance I won't even have my volume on