Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Player Card & In-Depth Franchise Stat Tracking (/forums/showthread.php?t=845647)

Marcus 06-18-2015 11:16 AM

Player Card & In-Depth Franchise Stat Tracking

Will Madden add the team name for each year on the player's card? It's been missing the past 2 years but it is a small detail that really adds to the connected franchise experience. Also they used to keep track of every game and records in the past on Maddens before and it was really nice to look back on previous seasons. If they added a complete Super Bowl history, that would go a long ways in improving the franchise experience.

EricFreakingBerry 06-18-2015 12:19 PM

Re: Player Card & In-Depth Franchise Stat Tracking

It's been mentioned in one of the CFM blogs that the team is still not represented on the player card. I absolutely cannot stand that. It's really ridiculous that they can't include that in their obviously lame data collection.

Marcus 06-18-2015 01:16 PM

It's strange because it actually shows the team's name in the main menu roster but it disappears once you enter connected franchise.

fringeelement 06-18-2015 01:54 PM

This issue has been driving me crazy for years. How it was broken in the first place defies logic. That it still has not been fixed is just insane. While I understand that it may not be a huge issue for some, for those of us who are looking for an authentic and detailed NFL experience it is darn near a game killer. To make matters worse, it's just one in a long line of problems with the implementation of player cards.

The following is an excerpt from a thread about fixing the CFM UI I started a while back:

2. Player Cards: Where to even start? What a mess, and, oddly enough, they just keep getting WORSE. First things first though:

ACCESSIBILITY

• any time you see a players name you should be able to click on it and view the Player Card. In the Yearly Awards, Player of the Week screen, ANYWHWERE. Especially:
  • Depth Chart. When I scout a team for an upcoming game, I look at the Depth Chart. It's great to see their ratings but I also would like to see how they've been performing without having to exit out to Roster screen.
  • Free Agency. We simply must be able to view all pertinent information on a player from this screen. While some people may be willing to make an offer to a player based solely on his OVR, I need to know his specific ratings and also his stats. Allowing us to view the player card from the free agency screen would fix this issue.
  • Season Stats: I'd like to be able to compare current season stats to past seasons but also, if a guy is putting up good numbers, I'd like to see how. Ex: "Wow, week 4 and so-an-so already has 8 sacks? Is he really that good??" Click on player card, got to Season Stats tab and find out that 4 of them came in one week versus a rookie QB and weak OL. "Now I get it."
INFORMATION: This is where things have digressed the past couple of years

• Career Stats tab:How hard is it to include the team that a guy played for in the Career Stats tab?? It was always there before, why not now? It's our best, and only (?), way to track a player's movement from team to team over the course of his career.
  • Season Stats Tab: Also, why are Season Stats suddenly displayed in order of best performance instead of by week?? Again, when scouting a team I'm about to play, I want to see if a particular player is trending up or down. Also, give us the opponent for each week so I can see how he fared against good/bad teams or vs. teams that run a similar scheme to mine.

oneamongthefence 06-18-2015 02:53 PM

To piggyback off that it was so cool when the newspaper headlines mentioned a player about to face his former team. Its an odd omission none the less on player cards.

fringeelement 06-18-2015 04:14 PM

It's just a real immersion killer when you have no sense of history with the players that occupy your franchise.

Potatoes002 06-18-2015 05:33 PM

I agree that we really need to be able to see which teams a person has played for in his player card. It really kills immersion when I sign these FAs years into CFM and have zero idea where 90ovr Joe Smith and 93ovr John Johnson came from, drafted by, etc... It just creates a disconnect.

Being able to open the player card in-game while viewing the stats or depth chart would be huge for me too.

mjavon 06-18-2015 05:49 PM

Not only this, but I think one of the older Maddens (07 or 08?) had how the player's current team acquired him (free agency/trade/draft and the year). That is another small detail that would be fantastic to have.