Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 16: E3 Hands-On Preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=845659)

RaychelSnr 06-18-2015 01:49 PM

Madden NFL 16: E3 Hands-On Preview

Legacy issues have plagued the Madden series for more than half a decade. After several hours of play against both another player and the CPU, I can happily say that most of those issues have either been taken care of or toned down a significant amount. It is clear that Tiburon is going out of its way to address things that were taking away from simulation football, and its not so much the things that were added to Madden 16 that make the game exciting, but rather what it took away.

Read More - Madden NFL 16: E3 Hands-On Preview

capa 06-18-2015 01:53 PM

Re: Madden NFL 16: E3 Hands-On Preview

Nice summary review.

JP - you gotta get the devs attention on players running out of bounds. This one is a brutal gameplay flaw.

C

jpdavis82 06-18-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capa (Post 2047416232)
Nice summary review.

JP - you gotta get the devs attention on players running out of bounds. This one is a brutal gameplay flaw.

C

Hmm I wonder if the build I played was newer because that's one thing I noticed right away, that they didn't run out of bounds and fought to stay in bounds along the sidelines.

DeuceDouglas 06-18-2015 02:03 PM

Nice points. A lot of what's in there I've been able to take away from the videos but there were a couple things that piqued my interest. I find it funny when things like "it finally has a 'next-gen' feel to it" when it looks so similar to last years. I'll be interested to see how OP the user catches really are when you crank it up to All-Madden. I like the fact that there are a lot more incompletions on deflected passes and strips. Last year seemed like all the incompletions I could get were on terribly thrown balls or straight up drops.

The JareBear 06-18-2015 02:05 PM

Quote:

One concern that the community has that can be confirmed: ridiculous catches are far too frequent, especially for the user.
I am hoping this was just a case of an early build and EA wanting to show off the new animations at E3...

jpdavis82 06-18-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas (Post 2047416261)
Nice points. A lot of what's in there I've been able to take away from the videos but there were a couple things that piqued my interest. I find it funny when things like "it finally has a 'next-gen' feel to it" when it looks so similar to last years. I'll be interested to see how OP the user catches really are when you crank it up to All-Madden. I like the fact that there are a lot more incompletions on deflected passes and strips. Last year seemed like all the incompletions I could get were on terribly thrown balls or straight up drops.

To me the lighting for night and indoor games is what really makes this game shine and all the new animations. The new scans are a big improvement too and most of those people haven't really seen yet, especially for night games.

SwaggerCoach 06-18-2015 02:08 PM

More verification that the game is more difficult?

Yes please. Color me excited.

I can't wait to go up against the CPU now...if they have addressed the CPU's inability to avoid pressure/running directly into their own RT, I'm happy.

DeuceDouglas 06-18-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpdavis82 (Post 2047416279)
To me the lighting for night and indoor games is what really makes this game shine and all the new animations. The new scans are a big improvement too and most of those people haven't really seen yet, especially for night games.

Yeah. Scans are definitely one of the biggest things for me. I remember last year when they had the likeness update and guys like DeAnthony Thomas were in the game all of sudden and to me it adds so much. Having as many guys as possible will only add to that.