Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Next Madden Needs To Focus On OL/DL Interactions (/forums/showthread.php?t=845764)

da206gamer 06-19-2015 08:03 PM

Next Madden Needs To Focus On OL/DL Interactions

With all the focus on WR/DB interactions which I felt was much needed and a step in the right direction, next year's madden we need to see an completely new revamp/overhaul of OL/DL interaction. What do my fellow OS brethrens think?

aholbert32 06-19-2015 08:06 PM

Re: Next Madden Needs To Focus On OL/DL Interactions

Quote:

Originally Posted by da206gamer (Post 2047420323)
With all the focus on WR/DB interactions which I felt was much needed and a step in the right direction, next year's madden we need to see an completely new revamp/overhaul of OL/DL interaction. What do my fellow OS brethrens think?

Damn we talking about '17 already? Didnt they work on OL/DL last year?

The JareBear 06-19-2015 08:06 PM

The weird thing is I thought this happened last year. Am I wrong?

It seems like it's taken a step back in the E3 vids but who knows for sure

da206gamer 06-19-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2047420328)
Damn we talking about '17 already? Didnt they work on OL/DL last year?

Yes because i think its too late for developers to implement it at this stage of development. I didn't noticed they did anything to it last year. That shows how much of a difference or impact it made.. Well according to my eyes it wasn't.

jpdavis82 06-19-2015 08:14 PM

It's not the O-line that's the issue, it's the fact that they did so much with the O-line and never fully balanced it with the improvements on the D-line, we need gap assignments, better block shedding, better pass rush, things like that.

aholbert32 06-19-2015 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da206gamer (Post 2047420346)
Yes because i think its too late for developers to implement it at this stage of development. I didn't noticed they did anything to it last year. That shows how much of a difference or impact it made.. Well according to my eyes it wasn't.

I dont think you looked hard enough. They did a great deal when it comes to animations and have added a few this year. Is it perfect? Nah. It still needs a bit of work but plenty was done last year.

fancyclaps 06-19-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2047420360)
I dont think you looked hard enough. They did a great deal when it comes to animations and have added a few this year. Is it perfect? Nah. It still needs a bit of work but plenty was done last year.

Dang, guess I missed it too.

Mr.Smif 06-19-2015 09:06 PM

That was the focus of Madden 25 and 15 but unfortunately it's still not where it needs to be.