Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video) (/forums/showthread.php?t=846068)

RaychelSnr 06-24-2015 10:35 AM

Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

OS Friend Douglas Veney has posted a new video detailing five things you should absolutely know about Madden NFL 16.

Douglas goes over the big changes to gameplay such as the WR/DB interactions and new penalties system. Also discussed are Ultimate Team, the new Draft Champions mode and more! Also check out the referenced Shopmaster interview on YouTube.

When you are done watching the video, check out Douglas' channel (GoodGameBro) on YouTube and subscribe. And when you are done with that, follow Douglas on Twitter.

fredo5020 06-24-2015 01:52 PM

Nothing about this Madden is screaming "BUY ME" I think I'm gonna pass

trey2k198003 06-24-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredo5020 (Post 2047432792)
Nothing about this Madden is screaming "BUY ME" I think I'm gonna pass

no dissresepct but you seem like the kinda guy that wants the big on the back of the box feature that makes it a "buy me" game.

This is what 2kand the show have pretty much gone too in the last couple years. Just making an awesome game fine tuning it to be the best it can be and not worrying so much about the flash. I think tuning of the penalties(if they work) the adding on of the running physics and A.I. in the running game. the wr/db interaction and the new controls for them, also the "get skinny" button will change the way the game play tremendously form madden 15. This would make it a buy me game then you sprinkle on "draft board" better know as the scouting board or whatever and draft kings will get me a player WHO NEVER PLAYS ULTIMATE team into it hopefully, I dont know i am really excited about this madden cause of all the under the hood things that are going on.

Jr. 06-24-2015 02:44 PM

Re: Madden NFL 16: Five Things You Need to Know (Video)

He said max protect is more likely to elicit a holding penalty. Shouldn't that be the other way around? More blockers = less need to hold.. right?

trey2k198003 06-24-2015 04:51 PM

usuallu if u are using max protect its against a great blitzing team that u are having issues stoppin meaning that blockers are more aggresive in stopping the pass rush and are more inclined to hold..... Because if they were good pass blockers u probably wouldn't call max protect as a coach or if you weren't outnumbered on the blitz

Take_this_L 06-24-2015 07:15 PM

I'm supposed to be excited when a football in 2016 adds penalties, and wr/Db interactions. Ea sports is a bad joke and pathetic at best. As long as this site supports its ****ery there will never be change.

SpyPirates 06-24-2015 11:10 PM

The max protect resulting in more penalties thing might just be due to having 7 blockers = higher chance that one of them holds relative to having only 5 blockers, assuming the chance that an individual blocker holds is constant across protection schemes (which I imagine it is/will be in this game)

CM Hooe 06-24-2015 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyPirates (Post 2047434413)
The max protect resulting in more penalties thing might just be due to having 7 blockers = higher chance that one of them holds relative to having only 5 blockers, assuming the chance that an individual blocker holds is constant across protection schemes (which I imagine it is/will be in this game)

Yeah, basically this.

Seven chances to commit a holding penalty vs five chances to commit a holding penalty, assuming that a blitz comes and all blockers get engaged.

Similarly, you will see more defensive holding penalties if you play a lot of 2 Man Under with press coverage. If that is your go-to defense and you don't have great CBs, expect to see flags.